Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Solid Food Questions

Okay, all of you Moms out there, I need some advise. Hannah has been eating rice cereal now for almost three weeks. She has been doing okay with it, although she didn't love the rice cereal. the doctor told us to do that for a few weeks and then do oatmeal for a few weeks. We switched to oatmeal yesterday and she loves it! I couldn't tell at first if she liked it or not because she would kind of spit it out onto her bib, but then I realized that she was sucking it up off of the bib. So here's my problem...she likes it...and wants to eat it, but she is having a hard time figuring out how to swallow it (wasn't a problem with the rice cereal). Or, it's possible that she would just prefer to suck it off of her bib. So I need some suggestions as to what to do to keep her from doing this because she obviously will have to learn to swallow (she can't wear a bib forever). So any suggestions you have would be appreciated. In the mean time, I am just going to try to be patient and not encourage her behavior by cracking up. You will see from the two photos below why this will be difficult!


5 comments:

jimmy, marisa, jadeyn and brynlee said...

i have no advice to give, but those pictures are ridiculously cute. good luck!

Joan said...

stephanie add a little bit more water to your oatmeal, she is use to sucking; so it will take time for her to figure our to swallow it and runny will be easier to swallow than too thick. She is still too young she will get it; in a week she will be fine. Just pick it up from her bib back onto the spoon and keep giving it to her. She will be wearing a bib for a long time. Look at her grandma still wears a bib to keep her shirt clean. LOL:) Anyway she will catch on to it. Love you MOM

Kenlie said...

Mom..Hannah will not be wearing a bib when I take her to the Russian Tea Room! :) And her grandma really shouldn't *need* to wear a bib....LOL Mom...

Jon and Steph said...

Thank you for that rebuttal sister. I wanted to say something, but I just didn't know how to respond! :)

Kenlie said...

No worries Sis...why do you think I didn't take Mom to the Russian Tea Room? Just kidding.

Mom, I love you even if you have to wear a bib. ;)

Have I mentioned, today, has cute Hannah is? Just saying.