Friday, August 7, 2009

Yellowstone, Finally!

Jon and I went to Yellowstone for our five year anniversary. It's kind of a long joke between the two of us. Ever since we moved to Wyoming three years ago, I have been wanting to go to Yellowstone. Now you may be thinking, that's not so absurd of a request, if you know that Yellowstone is in Wyoming. It is about 6-7 (maybe 8) hours from were we live, so it's not like we can just jump in the car and go. Plus, Jon always jokes with me about how he has been, so why should he go again...because I haven't of course! So, three years later, while technically still having a Wyoming address (we checked out of our apartment yesterday) I finally got to go...and it was amazing! Hannah went to stay with Jon's parents for a few days so that we could go. These are only a few of the pictures that we took while we were there. Montana, on the way to the park.
It was absolutely beautiful...we were literally on top of the mountains.
A peak on the way to the park.
Yellowstone river.
Eating lunch on the way to the park.
Yellowstone river and "Grand Canyon of Yellowstone."
Rainbow at the falls.
Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. It was stunning.
Old Faithful who wasn't so faithful, but it was cool anyway.
Me with one of the many geysers.
Cool pond of boiling hot water.
Mud pots...one of my favorite things in the park!
Buffalo...traffic would stop and people would get out of their cars in the middle of the road to take pictures of buffalo...seriously?? They are all over Wyoming, not just in the park!
Another geyser that we just happened to see erupt while we were waiting on another one.
Waiting on geysers.
It's official we were there!
And we left...boo!
We went down to Jackson too...this is Jackson Lake and the Tetons.
The Tetons...the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen.
The Tetons.
The restaurant we ate at in Jackson. Jon has elk chops, buffalo prime rib, and venison sausage. I had velvet elk...it was all delicious!
Grand Teton.
Last of the Tetons.

No comments: