Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mt. Rushmore-Finally!

I have been wanting to go to Mt. Rushmore for a while now. It is only a little over 1 1/2 hours away from Gillette, and of all the times that we have been up there, we haven't found the time to visit. I just wanted to see the old guys for a few minutes, so I was excited to hear that we would be having lunch the Friday after Thanksgiving in a town called Hill City. Hill City is only 11 miles from Mt. Rushmore, so I knew this was my chance. So, some of us ran by after lunch that afternoon and I was glad we did. It was totally worth it to get to see the President's heads!
Herd of Big Horn sheep on the side of the road near Hill City. I love that you just see wild life like this on the side of the road!
There they are in all their glory!
Jon, the Nanner, and me visiting the Pres. Heads.
Doug posing with us at the end of the road.
Mariana posing with us, despite the fact that she wasn't too happy about it!

Even Hannah had a good time seeing Mt. Rushmore!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Ahhhh, pretty lil' Hannah is looking more and more like her mama!