I always seems to get that "letdown" feeling after Christmas and New Years is over. You know when you look around and realize that it's all over for a whole year? You being putting away your decorations and replacing them with your regular, year-round decorations. There is nothing else to really look forward to or get excited about? I always find myself thinking, well now what? And the answer to that living in Wyoming has always been, a long cold winter and spring sometime in May, if we are lucky. Well, I have found myself experiencing that, post-Halloween. We have been looking forward to Hannah's many outfits and costumes for months now. I need to start taking down the Halloween decorations, but feel no motivation to do so until I can put up Christmas stuff. That's right! What's the answer to my "what now" question?!? It's Thanksgiving and Christmas! I really would like to put away all of the fall decorations right now and pull out all of our Christmas stuff. It would make me feel better about Halloween being over and would give us something to look forward to! However, that is not possible. I just mentioned the possibility of getting the Christmas stuff out sometime before Thanksgiving and Jon looked at me like I was a nut job! I am working on it, but I think I will have to wait a little longer. We are having Christmas at our house for the first time so I am really excited about it and want to get ready! So, until I can get Jon to go downstairs to get my stuff out, I will just have to wait. I have lots of things to keep me busy, I am just ready for Hannah to get to experience Christmas and all of the fun that goes with it!
She is growing up so fast and is learning more each day. I suspect that she will crawl any day now. She sticks her little butt up in the air and pushes really hard, but just has not quite figured out that using her arms will help the process. She'll get it. Plus, I think that she is loving her new found freedom of rolling. She rolls well in both directions now, so she is having so much fun rolling herself across the living room floor to get to things that she wants. I have just pulled out a bunch of 3-6 month clothes that don't fit her anymore and replaced them with some 6-9 things. She is a weird size right now and doesn't really fit into one exclusive size anymore. Most pants in 3-6 are still too big, but onsies and play/sleep outfits (you know the ones with feet) are too small and dresses are too short. So I am starting a Rubbermaid bin in her closet and will just add items that don't fit as she outgrows them. This is really not good for my organization plan for her clothes to have each size neatly tucked away in a labeled box, but what can you do. So I thought I would post a few pictures of Hannah around the house the last few days. She is a crack up and we are loving every minute!
2 comments:
I love the pictures as usual, and she has such a pretty little face. She is always smiling. And the dress with the bow is cute. Those are good colors for Hannah . Of course I love them all. MOM
She looks so good in her little outfit. Yay! She's growing so much..I wish I could see it everyday..:) At least I have your blog and your messages..:)
Post a Comment