I have a great husband. He reminded me of that on Saturday night. We had gone to a friend's house for dinner and we spent the evening together. These friends live out by Wal-mart (it's the edge of town and really far from everything else--we're talking a good two miles!). So anyway, we had some things to do at Wal-mart so we decided that we would just go when we left Khalid & Reem's. While Jon had other things in mind, the main thing on my list was pumpkins. I have finally pulled out the fall decorations and was in desperate need of some pumpkins for the front porch. I get to go "all out" this year since we have company coming for Thanksgiving. I am really considering a small bale of hay for my pumpkins to rest on, but that is still in the works. So anyway, back to the story. We did our shopping and then ended up in the produce section of the store. I slyly made my way over to the rather large container of pumpkins just to "look." Jon gathered a few other things while I continued to scope out the pumpkins. Finally, Jon came over to the pumpkins. I began talking about how big some of these pumpkins were. Like that one there, in the middle of the container. There were only about 30 pumpkins separating me and the perfect one in the middle. I didn't even need to ask. My dear ole' hubby just started pulling out the pumpkins. He would lift them out and set them on the ground around him. A few short minuted later (maybe 10, who knows) he pulled out my pumpkin. It was perfect and quite certainly one of the largest in the box! Then I saw the next one that I must have. Actually there were two, but the second one was quickly rejected (not by me of course). It was just too close to the bottom and I would simply have to settle for the second best one. To get to that one, my ingenious husband would merely need to shuffle the pumpkins. No more would have to be removed. I must say that I was quite content with my two pumpkin purchases, although I did vow to come back for the last of those perfect pumpkins. May next week, when a few more of the pumpkins on top are purchased, and I have my hay bale. For now, I am happy with the purchases and look forward to cleaning them up tonight and making them shine!
3 comments:
I was recently pumpkin-shuffling at Wal-Mart as well, trying to get *that one* that always seems to be covered by fifteen somehow-blemished pumpkins. WISH WE COULD PUMPKIN SHUFFLE TOGETHER! Love you!
great idea for the hay and the pumpkins, but will they still be good when we get there to see them smile? How long do they last? Anyway, take a picture when you have it all set up on your porch. As far as Jon you have a really good husband to take such care of you. Love you Both MOM
I'm pretty excited about going to a pumpkin patch this weekend upon my return home.
It all started that night you were looking for the perfect pumpkin..Now, thanks to you, I will get to enjoy picking my own pumpkins..:) Way to go! Spread the love of pumpkins!
Post a Comment