Not really. Interviews are good. They are especially good when your husband is going to graduate from school in May, you are going to have a baby in April, and moving is in sight. They have, however, caused me to have a rather stressful week.Jon has now survived his first week of interviews. They will continue on through next week, then hopefully that will be it for the first round. The second round should start the week after, should he get called for a second interview. He had three interviews this week, along with two job fairs, a meet and greet, and a golf tournament. Did I mention that he is taking 12 hours of graduate course work at the same time?! What a trooper! And, all of the events above (except the golf tournament and class) required business professional attire (aka. black suits). So he been spiffing himself up every morning...he's even putting gel in his hair and shaving his face! It's all quite exhausting for me, maybe because I am not used to him being so high maintenance. I think he's pretty pooped from it all too.
I am fortunate enough to have my own office, so Jon has been suiting up in my office each day. He drives the bus every morning (that's one of his jobs) and doesn't really want to wear a suit and tie to do that. So he comes to my office for about 10 minutes each day and changes clothes, de-lints his suit, and prepares for his interviews. That in and of itself has been stressful for me, as it is nearly impossible to actually work while he's here! So I have been shaving some time off my lunches and staying a few minutes late to make up for it. After the interview or at lunch he recounts the day's events and fills me in on all of the details of the interviews.
This has caused me to be very excited about the opportunities in front of us. Although I am a little nervous because several of the places that he originally wanted to work aren't hiring because of the economy. Not to worry though. I am confident that the Lord has a plan for us and has a great job out there waiting for him. Jon is a great student and a very hard worked. I am certain that these companies will see that and want to hire him.
So the next few weeks look to be a little crazy as well. As I said early, we are expecting more first interviews next week. Then the following two to three weeks will consist of second interviews. The first interviews are all on campus. UW has a great recruiting program, so the companies come to us. The second interviews are all on site. So he (we) will get to go to the towns where the companies are, stay the night, go out to dinner with them, etc. Should be fun, at least for me, because I will get to do some shopping or touring while he is busy being interviewed. I am glad that this is all going on now, rather than this time next semester, as that would just be nuts! The nice thing that that he will hear back with a final job offer (if they decide to offer him a job) by the first of November. That works out great for Jon and me, as we are planners and like to know what is ahead of us! So keep your fingers crossed or say a little pray for Jon if you think about him, that he would not be stressed and for favor with the interviewers.
No comments:
Post a Comment