We are long overdue for an update. It has been a crazy few weeks. For starters, we moved. Two days after we got home from Louisiana, we picked up the Budget truck and started loading. We had some friends in Laramie that helped us and by Friday morning we were loaded and headed for Colorado Springs. Our friends joined us, and then after all of the work was done, we ate at a fabulous Sri Lankan restaurant in town. It is so great living in a big city again, if for no other reason than the great variety of restaurants. We were home for the weekend, and then Jon and Hannah left for Ohio, with Jon's dad, where they had a great time hanging out with Grandpa (Hannah's great-great grandpa). They left first thing in the morning on a Tuesday and my dad arrived in Colorado Springs that evening. Dad and I removed wallpaper and painted all week while Jon and Hannah were gone. We finished up when Jon got home...aka, what we didn't have completed, Jon finished for us while Dad and I hung out with Hannah. Dad and I played with her a lot and also took her to the zoo. The zoo here is pretty cool. It is built into Cheyenne Mountain and is very hilly. It also is a bit like a petting zoo, in that you can feed a lot of the animals and some of them (like the wallabies) just roam around freely. Anyway, Hannah got a lot of time with her grandpa and we, of course, got lots of pictures. Once Dad left, Jon and I started unpacking like madmen and completing our list of things to do...moving is a lot of work! We had to change banks, utility companies, cell phones, cable & Internet companies, and much more...we are still working on the list, but are getting things done a little at a time. We are also dog-sitting for Jon's parents' new puppy, Lola. Hannah flew through her three month birthday, but not without a little treat. She got a new toy, which she loves, but I will post about that later. For now, here are some pictures of Hannah while her grandpa (my dad) was here visiting.
Taking a nap with grandpa. I took the picture from the top of the balcony and think it turned out well!
Hannah with Grandpa at the zoo. This is the view of Colorado Springs from the entrance.
Hannah and me at the zoo...can't say that she loved it, but I am sure that she will this time next year.
2 comments:
So great to get to spend time with Family! love the ones with your dad, Steph, and Hannah is getting so big! Can't believe she's already 3 months old
I just love these...she looks so cute with Dad..:) But then, she's pretty adorable all the time...
Post a Comment