Monday, October 6, 2008

Good News from Friends!!!

I got a phone call from my friend Wednesday night, although I was about to pass out from exhaustion. I ignored the phone call and prepared for bed. I decided I would call her back the next day. I sent her a message on facebook to let her know that I would call her the next day and in fact was not ignoring her. She replied to say that she was just calling because she and some other Edmond friends will be in Colorado Springs at the end of the month and wondered if Jon and I were game for meeting them. I was so excited, although nervous at the same time because I didn't know how certain she was. When I talked to her on the phone, she confirmed that she and Ashlie would definitely be there, but then maybe some others too. I have to say that I am so stinking excited. It is always so good to be in the company of great friends. So the weekend of the 24th is blocked off and should prove to be an excellent time. I haven't really been to Colorado Spring before either. It is just three hours away, but there is so much to explore between here and there that we've never made it down there. I have driven through it, but that is all. I am looking forward to checking it out, as I know from our drive through that it is a beautiful area. Although I have to admit that I am most excited to see my friends. It will be great to have a little bit of home so close by!

2 comments:

erin beth said...

Especially if the boys can come too! I can't wait!

Jon and Steph said...

And Jon did send Justin a message on facebook yesterday "encouraging" him to come and to get Gulliver to come too!