This is a place to put my thoughts down into words, and hopefully share our lives with family and friends in the process.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Wii Guitar Hero--One word...Unbelievable!!
Jon's family came down to visit for the weekend and we had a great time. Mariana's birthday was on Saturday, so there was much cause for celebration. Cindy and I were perusing through Sam's on Saturday morning and found Guitar Hero for the Wii. Jon's dad, Mike, just got a Wii a few weeks ago, and the whole family was really hoping to get guitar hero. Apparently there has been no luck in finding it, until Saturday. Cindy thought it would be a nice birthday party surprise for everyone, so she got it. We brought it home and it was immediately set up, since the Wii traveled to Laramie with them. Let the arguing begin...okay maybe it wasn't so much arguing, but instead more like Jon wouldn't let anyone else play. We finally tore him away when it got close to dinner time...he was in charge of making the steaks, so dinner wouldn't have been completed without him. So we had dinner, and it was great. We had all eight of us crammed around our table with steak, artichokes, potatoes, and wine in hand. It was a very memorable evening for me, and it just made it even better that Mariana love it too!! Then we all retired to the living room for dessert and gift opening...not two minutes after desserts were scarfed down, was the TV back on and guitar hero was being played. Fortunately, we came up with a better system, so that one person (Jon) could not jeopardize the game. Two songs each in your place in the rotation. Jon's grandparents and Marcela tuckered out after about an hour, and went back to the hotel. Mike, Cindy, and Marcela stayed until about 11:00pm...we also played dance revolution in that time. Once everyone left, and Jon and I were exhausted, don't think we went to bed. I played guitar hero with Jon for at least another hour maybe longer. When my eyes couldn't focus on the notes anymore, I decided that it was time to go to bed. As I got up to go to our room, Jon says "I probably won't be in for a while...this is my last time to play." So his justification was that the Wii was going home in the morning, so he should stay up late to play it. I got up at 5:30am to go to the bathroom, when lo and behold, who is sitting on the couch still, with lights on? That's right...5:30am...I guess he had just decided a few minutes earlier that it was time to go to bed, because by the time I got finished in the bathroom the lights were off and Jon was almost sound asleep in bed. Unbelievable!!! He stayed up all night long!! Now I really enjoyed Guitar Hero and think that I could probably play it all day long, but I don't think I could make it all night too. Being the funny wife that I think I am, I made sure to be extra chipper at 8:30 when I woke him up to go to breakfast. :) The moral of the story? Guitar Hero is soo fun...and I guess once in a blue moon it's okay to obsess over it for 24 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm not very good at Guitar Hero. I think it's due to poor motor skills. Maybe practice would help.
Yeah I'm not very good either, but it's still a lot of fun. I am really good at the air guitar, so I just pretend that's what I'm playing. I think that's why it's so fun!!
Post a Comment