This is a place to put my thoughts down into words, and hopefully share our lives with family and friends in the process.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Why can't I just be Content?
Do you ever feel anxious for the next step? I feel like that today. I have been doing a lot of thinking today, and that is rarely a good thing. Jon and I knew that we were supposed to be here, in Wyoming, when we moved here. It was confirmed several times before we moved and then again afterwards. We always kind of knew that it would not be permanent though. That has been the toughest part about being here. We kind of always thought that this would be a place of transition. It is becoming increasingly difficult to be focused on being here. I know that there are definitely reasons that we are here and people who's lives we are supposed to be apart of, but now that the future is becoming a reality, it is getting harder. We are talking about starting a family, and Jon getting a job, and moving...and it just makes me look at today with grumbling. Mostly this is just an occasional grumble, but it seems to be coming more frequently. I look to September (when Jon starts interviewing) as the culmination of our time here. It's like that is when I will be able to start moving on. I just have to wait for six more months. As I begin to count down the days, I realize that I am just breezing through some really exciting events in our lives, and who knows what else. I know that I just need to relax and wait on the Lord. I am just really bad at waiting and worse at being patient. I feel like I am just ready for our lives to begin, when aren't we already supposed to be living our lives? I guess these are questions that still need no answer, as I am sure that I already know the answer. So I guess I am just sending them out into the void while scorning myself at the same time for even asking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Being patient is so hard. Why can't we just be content with today? I don't know, but I agree that it's always a struggle just to be totally at rest in the present.
I concur... I remember in in fall of 2006, every day I knew the exact number of days until I came home. Seasons of waiting are hard. But the time comes when you really do finally get to stop waiting and enjoy the thing you were waiting for!
Post a Comment