
Bummer. I love my multiple Nalgene bottles. I use them everyday...64 oz. of water each day!! I am using one right now!! A recent announcement came out stating that consumers were upset about some chemical used to make Nalgene bottles. They say that it is not safe. So, Nalgene, in response to their consumers has decided to take these bottles off the market. So I looked some things up, and it appears that the ones coming off the market are the bottles that made Nalgene famous...big, unbreakable, wide mouthed. Well that fits the description of every bottle I own!! Great. You know, I found myself kind of frustrated because there's been all this stuff in the news about how bad it is to use bottled water because the bottles end up in a landfill. This is a result of people not recycling. I have always used both a Nalgene and bottled water. I guess I could get on the band wagon of not using bottled water as much...mostly I just took it to the gym...easier to drink out of. Well I have now been packing my Nalgene in my gym bag as I leave work, so I will have water to drink at the gym. Now, whammy!!! Nalgene's are bad too!! I'm sorry but I can't exactly bring one of our glasses to work, the gym, golfing, hiking, etc. now can I? So, I think, despite the fact that we aren't supposed to use them, and they probably cause cancer (what doesn't these days), I am still going to use my trusty Nalgene. Not to mention, it would cost way too much to replace all my bottles!!! I guess they will have to prove that it's going to kill me before I stop using them. Am I being stubborn? Probably, but darn it I like my Nalgenes. Now I have spoken my peace, and I can move on!!
2 comments:
I didn't know that. We have a lot of those bottles too. I'd hate to have to throw them away. Maybe I'll be stubborn too.
Pathetic! And you're right....the next thing we know they'll be telling us potties are carcinogenic (sp?!) and that we should pee in the woods to avoid them. Seriously! Use those nalgenes girlfriend.
Post a Comment