Saturday, September 11, 2010

"Hey-Yeah" from Hannah

I am sorry for the serious blog-slacking that I've been doing lately. As you will see from the pictures below we have been pretty busy these last few weeks, but we've also been having a blast so it's worth it! I just thought I would go through and talk about our last few weeks next to each of the pictures. Oh yes! The title for this blog, "Hey-Yeah" deserves a little description. It's one of Hannah's words that she says...not hi or hello...hey-yeah. When she pretends to talk on the phone she says, "hey-yeah?" instead of hello? It is so stinkin cute! My other favorite thing that she is saying right now is "tanku." That means thank you. She's just started this the last few days and I can't get enough at how polite she is! :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy and I also hope that I can get caught up with this really long post so that I will be back on track for the future! Enjoy!
This picture is so funny to me. It says so much about Hannah...she has climbed into her suitcase that was in her bedroom, put on my necklace that was in my night stand and is reading a book while the half eaten football lies to the side. That's my girl!
Another passion of hers...sidewalk chalk! She's pretty good huh? Drew a flower, a heart, and managed to write her name, although she's not using capital letters just yet. Kidding, kidding...but really she DOES love sidewalk chalk...especially when her friends from across the street see her and join her.
We were out looking for a bike helmet and this is the one she picked out. I think it would be perfect if she could just hold it up!This is the one she is getting. We got a seat not too long ago for Hannah to ride in on the back of my bike, hence the need for a helmet. She's not riding a bike by herself just yet, although she does try every time we are in a store that sells them.
The zoo...my dad and sister decided to make an impromptu trip to CO to visit us. It was short, but we were all really glad they came. One of their favorite things to do is to go to the zoo. Our favorite exhibit, the giraffes. Hannah is such a chicken when it comes to animals, but the zoo has been helping her with her fears. Mostly, she just hates animals that threaten to lick her so we were all very proud that she was brave enough to feed the giraffes this time. Despite our praises and clapping, she still cried a little, but she did way better than previous times...it's progress!
Apparently she has decided that she will not be intimidated by this guys huge tongue hanging out, so she gives him a little taste of his own medicine. You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it, but she is definitely sticking he tongue out at him!
"1-2-3 wee!!!" That's the name of her game and she will sucker anyone and everyone into doing it. Here, she's about to sucker her Auntie and Grandpa! This is a great picture too...I am glad it came out.
This might be one of my favorite pictures of Hannah and Jon. They are having a blast on our little "hike" near our house. It is so nice to just get some fresh air sometimes.
This is Hannah playing putt-putt. Well, Jon and I started out playing, but after the first two holes, Jon and I found ourselves sharing a putter and using an extra ball that we had gotten just in case. Is she a "phenom" you might ask?? Well, it depends on how good she is supposed to be at one, but she definitely hit the ball a few times so that counts for us!
Jon got a new Shannon Sharpe jersey (he's a really good former NFL football player for the Denver Broncos). It's kind of a long story...anyway, he thought it would be really funny to put it on Hannah. I think she sports the blue and orange quite well!
Finally I think we are into the last week or so! I had been wanting some crab for a while, so we got some for dinner last weekend. I figured what the heck, since it was technically a holiday weekend. I am not very good at sharing my crab either, so I was a little distressed when Hannah liked it...A LOT! Fortunately, my eyes were bigger than my stomach because we even had some left over. We made crab dip out of that this week and Hannah scarfed that down too!
The Aquarium! That's another thing that we did over Labor Day weekend. We decided that we should go up to Denver more often because we always think of it as being far away, when in reality we can be downtown in an hour flat. So we took Hannah to the aquarium, fully expecting her to love it based on the few other experiences she has had with fish. She is enjoying it, can you tell?
At first she was a little afraid (remember the not fond of animals thing?), but once she realized that they couldn't get to her through the glass she was in love. So much so that Jon and I would get bored because she would want to stand and look at each window for forever. There were a couple of times when we had to drag her away from the window because she refused to leave on her own! And finally, a very proud moment for me, she touched some sting rays. At the end of the exhibits, you can buy sardines to feed to the sting rays that are in a huge pool. We didn't buy any sardines, but we stood around the pool for a long time. Hannah was psyching them out because she would dangle her fingers (which probably look like sardines to them) in the water so they would come to her. She was a little slower than them, but she did finally touch one and she squealed with glee afterwards. Maybe she's becoming a little less of a chicken! This is how I found Hannah the other day. I was cleaning the upstairs and wondered where in the world Hannah was when I went to start on her room and didn't find her. Apparently she decided it was bath time because she just climbed in and was playing with her bath toys. Silly girl!
Okay, so this picture has nothing to do with Hannah, except that she ate this for dinner last night. Purple potatoes?!? Have you ever seen such a thing? I was in one of my favorite grocery stores here and saw them. I wondered if they tasted like normal potatoes because they were sitting next to some Yukon Golds. I also wondered if they were purple on the inside or just on the outside...inside too and they taste just like normal potatoes, except creamier! Isn't that awesome? This takes a normal, bland looking food, and adds some kick you in the face color to your dining experience. I love it! And I am certain that it's not just food coloring or anything because this store is big on not using chemicals and stuff. Look for them...try them...you won't be disappointed!
And finally, last but not least, Hannah and me getting ready to go on our first bike ride together. I know she really doesn't look very thrilled at all, but she really was. She had a big smile on her face the whole time and even let out a few laughs when we were going fast down the hills. I just love that because we love to be outside as much as possible and my little girl seems to love it just as much as me! Well, that's all for now, more coming soon!

3 comments:

MOM said...

Love all the pictures; and that crab claw is almost as big as Hannah LOL; she looks like she has the hang of peeling the crab. And the other pictures are great too, the ray on is scarey. Her grandma is a little chicken too. There is a commercial about a child playing football; I told C.J. well that will be Hannah soon. Love the pictures and I can hardly wait to see you guys soon. Love you MOM

Kenlie said...

She's just so darn cute and getting cuter all the time. I had a great time on our visit and can't wait to see you all again.

Love ya!

Lindy said...

There's also such thing as purple carrots too! There was a baby food that Norah liked with purple carrots in it...organic (of course) because I'm sure regular baby food makers would think it silly to put colorful fruits and veggies in their stuff :) Or at least that's what I tell myself. LOVE the pictures!