Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Good Times in Lander

We went on a whirlwind trip this past weekend. It started on Thursday evening by driving to Lander, WY. It's about 6 1/2-7 hours from here. Jon decided that we could make it all the way through, which would be better for Hannah. That way we would have a full day of no driving. So we did, arrived, and went to bed. Got to spend a great day with family. The reason for going to Lander was because Jon's great-grandpa Boche passed away. It was a few months ago, but we all got together in Wyoming to celebrate his life. He and his wife loved Wyoming and it was definitely their home, so it was an appropriate location. We gathered with family, had a little too much fun Friday night with the cousins, and left first thing Saturday morning. We then headed south to Denver to celebrate Jon's grandpa Fred's 75th birthday. We arrived Saturday early evening, and stayed until Monday. Hannah was pretty much over "vacation" at that point. She was exhausted (proven by her three hour nap when we got home) and teething. Her doctor told us that she was getting her molars, but those were not the ones to break through. One came through yesterday and the other may have come through today, although I can't get a good look in her mouth. AND, that means that the morals are STILL coming in! Poor girl! She has definitely been miserable. Here are a few pictures of her throughout the weekend.Watching the water and looking for fishies with her Grandpa. A favorite past time for the weekend because she got to be outside. I don't know what we are going to do this winter when she can't go outside because of the snow! I am going to have to get creative to occupy her!
Her best dinner all weekend. We were at the hotel and she could roam freely. She could also sit on the "bench," also know as the heating vent, and watch the water outside.

Talking on the phone in our first hotel. I don't even know how she knew that was a phone because we don't have one like that in our house. Funny!

"Shopping" in Lander...aka, walking down main street and killing time until lunch!

Climbing in the cooler with her milk. Fortunately, I had just gotten it and it wasn't full of ice yet. I don't think it would have stopped her from climbing in, it just would have been a little colder!

2 comments:

Joan said...

She is just something else!!!!!!!! I love her pink hat and every picture just makes me smile and miss her so much. I love you all. MOM

Kenlie said...

I think she knows it's a phone because some things are just genetic. I'm just saying that between shopping and talking on the phone the kid is definitely related to me. :)