We had a great time, despite the sickness that Hannah and I both got mid-week! There are so many pictures and it was so hard for me to decide which ones to post so I guess I will just have to put the rest on
facebook or something. I didn't actually take very many pictures on the trip myself so most of them are from my sister and Aunt Cynthia. Thanks guys! Enjoy!

I am pretty sure Hannah made her Auntie's day when she walked right up to my sister at the airport, smiled, and lifted her arms up to be held. It was so
stinkin cute!

As always, we did a lot of front-porch sitting while we were there. This is food-faced Hannah swinging with Pa (pronounced paw).

Stephanie from across the street (she's the neighbor & we have the same name) was prepared with blocks, sidewalk chalk, and p
opsicles...and let me tell you that Miss Hannah thoroughly enjoyed the p
opsicles!

This
happened almost daily. Climb in the shower...examine the drain...climb out of the shower, then do it all over again. Weird but funny!

This is one of my favorites...these are the steps on the side of my mom's house. Mom and I were talking while she picked bell peppers from her garden,
CJ was sitting in the swing, and Hannah was sitting on the step.

Drinking water like a big girl (until she poured it all over herself and Pa) while sitting outside on a warm afternoon.

The kid LOVES balls. Did I ever mention that "ball" was officially her first word? Yeah, there's a reason...she loves them. This was taken at the grocery store. Hannah was in the cart and started to get fussy so we took her out so that she could walk around. As soon as she was on the floor, she b-lined it for the rack of balls and pulled one out!

Rocking! Mom and
CJ got her a little rocking chair several months ago in preparation for her visit and she LOVED it! She tried to climb into by herself all week long...I can't remember if she ever actually did it by herself but I am sure she will have it down next time.

Mom bought her this awesome turtle pool...she apparently couldn't wait until she got into her
bathing suit to get it...she also couldn't wait until it was outside or until there was water in it!

I thought the pool was pretty cool...I mean you can attach the water hose to it and water shoots out the head of the turtle. That's cool right? Apparently not to Hannah! She hated the squirting head and immediately began trying to get out, so we turned it off.

Here, she has decided that it is safe to get back in, so in goes one leg at a time. Just like climbing the stairs, Hannah! You got it!

"Pick me up Mom! What do you mean you don't want to because I'm wet??? What does "wet" mean?" No time for pictures either, I guess. Back to the pool!

Cousins! What a funny story...this is Hannah's cousin Michael! Actually he is my cousin's son so I think that makes in Hannah's third cousin. Isn't this adorable?!?

But this is how she really felt! Michael just turned two and was trying to be so sweet! He kept trying to hug his cousin and give her kisses and toys. It was so sweet, except that he is bigger than Hannah and would squeeze her a little too tight when hugging or would run up to her a little too fast to give her kisses...and well, let's just say she didn't like it!

It appears that Hannah is so
stressed out that her usual thumb sucking just didn't provide enough comfort so she went for sucking her whole hand. Michael even let Hannah play with his leap frog dog. Hannah has one herself so she was a really big fan.

Or maybe Hannah was just hungry earlier! My sister, cousin
Rebecca, Aunt Cynthia, Michael, Hannah, and I went to lunch at the Olive Garden. I tried to tell Hannah to hold out for a
bread stick but she insisted on eating the silverware instead!

Trying on my shades after lunch was over. She looks good in them, huh?? By the way, please begin noticing the curls!

Hannah was mostly over it by the end of lunch (they sat across the table from each other), although everything was extra dramatic because she was about two hours behind on her nap!
A lot of the extended family was coming over for dinner so Mom made a bunch of food. As seen here, a gigantic bowl of spaghetti that Grandma let Hannah eat directly from. They were having a good time...

...until spaghetti wound up everywhere. Amazing how that happens when Hannah is feeding herself. Mom said something like, "it will be easier for when you change her." I quickly responded, you mean when YOU change her?? I'm not the one that allowed her to eat spaghetti, with a spoon, out of that big bowl! So here is the changing....

Not as easy as it looks, eh Grandma?? I like to run away when I am getting changed! I am pretty sure she has no diaper here either...running across MY bed!

She was a BIG fan of her Great-Uncle Jimmy. He and
Pookey from across the street. I called them her "boyfriends" because if I wasn't sure of her location, she was almost always with one of them!
Mmmm...watermelon! She gets that from me...actually maybe her Grandma...or her other Grandma...let's just say she comes from a long line of watermelon lovers and it appears that she is no different than the rest of us! She even ate the yellow meat watermelon (it doesn't taste any different, I just wanted to put in a plug for it because not many people even know that there is such a thing...I used to LOVE yellow meat watermelon when I was a kid)!

Do you see those sweet curls?!? Her hair is curly at home, but the humidity and heat in
Louisiana made it crazy curly. I love it!

And last, but certainly not least, we end with a rocking chair picture. I think it was her favorite new thing a Grandma's house, other than the ten thousand balls that she got, so I thought this was an appropriate way to end this blog!
2 comments:
"I am pretty sure Hannah made her Auntie's day when she walked right up to my sister at the airport, smiled, and lifted her arms up to be held. It was so stinkin cute!"
Um, yes...it made my day! :) I love you guys, and I'm super excited that I got to spend some time with you!
The title of your post totally reminds me of Papa, by the way..:)
Post a Comment