
This kid LOVES to be outside. She tries to escape any chance she gets and doesn't even care if it's hot or gross out. Fortunately our new house has lots of room to play outside and we have been taking advantage of that since it's summer here now!

Jon, Hannah, and I went to the park one day after Jon got off work. Hannah enjoys running around way more than playing on the toys right now. So we did that for a while, but Jon or I would hold her for a while when she got tired. I noticed that she had something black in her mouth (not totally unusual because she will also sneak a little dirt every so often). So I put my hand in front of her mouth, like normal, and told her to spit it out. She did and it was a weird foamy something and not a stick like I had suspected. We soon realized that it was the end of the
nerf football that Jon had brought with us. See picture above! Hilarious! She just ate the end right off! Silly girl!

I found her napping like this one day...how she hid the golf ball from me while I was putting her to bed is beyond me. Are you catching a trend? She is also crazy about balls right now!

A little crazy hair for your viewing pleasure!

Pretzels...
mmm. We went window shopping at the mall the other day and I got a hankering for some pretzel bites. I, of course, had to give Hannah one because she does love bread. She thoroughly enjoyed our little pretzel snack, so I had to make her pose for a photo!

Jon's mom, Cindy came down last weekend so that she could take me out to dinner for my birthday (and to see Hannah, right?). We decided to go to a steak place that Jon and I have been wanting to try. It was delicious, but that's not the point of this story...the point is, Hannah. Topless Hannah, to put it in Jon's words. Hannah LOVED this place. We started her out with some prunes because she was in need. Then came the bread...then the sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes dipped in scampi sauce at her request, little bit of steak, milk, and who knows what other delicious goodness. Hannah's in a stage where she really wants to feed herself and is quite stubborn about it sometimes. So, to save the peace in the restaurant, she feed herself many of the above stated items. Do I even have to say that she was a bloated, sticky mess when we finished?? So Cindy took her to the bathroom to clean her up. Her white shirt was apparently beyond repair so this is how Hannah came out of the bathroom!

"Oh my God she's topless!" said Jon upon seeing her. He ran over, scooped her up, and headed for the door, all the while I am laughing so hard tears are about to start streaming down my face...Cindy joined in when I told her what Jon had to say. Priceless! I guess we were in a nice restaurant, but she's a baby and neither Cindy nor myself thought two cents about it. Jon was
embarrassed a little and Hannah was HAPPY! We imagine that in these photos she was thinking, "Thanks for taking off my shirt grandma...it was a little tight and uncomfortable and awfully sticky!"
One more distraction that is not needed for Hannah while climbing the stairs. She found the stuff on top of the bookshelf. Decorations, Nan, not toys! Certainly not toys while you are descending the stairs! Good grief, you have to watch her like a hawk!
4 comments:
Oh girl! I hope you childproofed your house good!
"Topless Hannah" pics made me laugh so hard my eyes were watering!!! Awesome, and I do believe Jim would have reacted the same way - in shock and horror at his daughter being without a shirt - which made it all the more hilarious! Oh and by the way...I'm calling you now because I'm a bad friend and forgot to call you on your bday :(
Love the new pictures; I love the one her trying to reach the turtle. And the golf ball and the topless one. She is gaining weight you can tell in these pictures. She is beautiful. Love you guys. MOM
LOVE the hair photo! Rob is the same way about Emma being topless! He hated her tutu photos at 6 months when she just had on a tutu and pearls. Protective daddies are probably a good thing :)
I have to post the pic with the golf ball on my FB page...that kid is definitely related to me. I love it...love her..love you...
See you next week!
Post a Comment