Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kickin' it Asian Style

Our friends Kyong and Emi came to visit us from Laramie for Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time and they, as usual, spoiled us with delicious Asian food. Kyong made Kimbob (might be Gimbob, according to Wikipedia but I am sticking with my gut on this one) which is Korean style sushi and Emi showed me how to make dumplings! We have had both dishes before (Kimbob and Korean ramen are still my favorite skiing foods) and were thrilled to have them again since they are some of our favorites! They also shared their recipes with us so we can reproduce them later. I've already made another batch of dumplings since we ate all of the originals over the course of the weekend! We played a mean game of Phase 10, watched Japan almost school England in soccer, Jon and Kyong played golf, and Emi helped me shop for and plant some herbs in pots for our deck! Good times were had by all.
Kyong hard at work rolling the Kimbob with a "starving" Jon to the right. Jon had dumplings for an appetizer while the rest of the food was getting finished.
Hannah had a little dumpling appetizer herself. She, of course, loved her dumplings just as much as the rest of us. See, she IS part Japanese!
Emi stuffing dumpling wrappers. I helped also, but I was actually cooking some while she finished up. Dumplings are by far one of my favorite dishes!
The finished product, minus a few dozen dumplings that Jon had already eaten (not really a few dozen, but a lot!). Kimbob on the left and dumplings on the right!
Hannah had a great time with her Asian Aunt Emi and Uncle Kyong. Kyong and Emi love to play with and snuggle with Hannah so that, plus yummy food equals a good time in Hannah land.
I hate that Jon's finger was in this but what can you do? I love this picture though...so happy!

2 comments:

sarah said...

One word...LUCKY!

Kenlie said...

I'm just saying that this post made me hungry...seriously..:)

Hannah looks so cute and mischievous in these..hehe