Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Eventful Week for the Haddenhams

Let me tell you, we have had one ridiculous week or really last five days. First, we have been thinking of and looking for a home to purchase. That has been stressful in and of itself. It is incredibly time consuming, let me tell you! So there's that underlying stress amidst all of this. It all started on on Thursday night. I was excited because I found twenty bucks in my coat pocket that day, so I called Jon after work to tell him that I wanted to go out to dinner. So a few minutes later I get a call from him asking me to pick him up because he has been in a car accident. I picked him up only to find out the next day that our car was totalled. Our new little Versi that we just purchased last July was a goner. Being busy season at Jon's work and all, we had to act quickly on getting a new car because Jon has to drive a lot for work (hence why we bought the car in the first place). So we spent Saturday shopping for a car and ended up getting a great deal in Boulder on our new car! So that was good, but exhausting for all three of us and by the time we got home Hannah was just ready to play and crawled all over the house. Sunday we went to an event at our church, got home for about 45 minutes, and then had an appointment to go look at some properties with our real estate agent. Meanwhile, we had been fighting with the insurance company about our claim, the fact that our car was parked in a place where it could be towed (which we found out on Sunday that the cars had been towed!), etc. We were pretty sure that Hannah was getting a tooth as well due to the extreme drooling and chewing, which we found out was true on Sunday afternoon. We hung out with some friends Sunday evening and I have to say that Hannah was super! Considering the last few days that she had, I certainly expected her to be grumpy. Then I found the tooth and thought that she would be done for, but she did great. She didn't even get grumpy until we got the check for dinner! What a trooper she is! She was seeming a little puny, but I figured it was just because of the tooth. I have heard that most babies get much better once the tooth breaks through the skin, which happened Monday morning, but Hannah seemed to get worse. She also picked up a little cough and began sneezing like crazy. She seemed to be getting more clingy by the minute, but still I chalked it up to the tooth. Finally last night I was convinced that she was sick and it probably wasn't the tooth. She was up nearly all night and would randomly break into coughing/sneezing/nose running fits. I finally decided to take her to the doctor this afternoon and the doctor said she was glad. Hannah seems to be okay right now, but the doctor is worried about her because the croup and RSV (severe respiratory sickness in babies) are both going around right now. I am supposed to give her some steroids that the doctor gave her tonight and tomorrow morning and see how she fares. If she isn't feeling better then she has to go back. The poor girl is just miserable. I am sure that was way too much information for most of you since you are really here to hear about Hannah, but what can you do?! I do have a picture below for you. Hannah is crying because I was putting her in her car seat and I noticed that I had a good shot of her tooth. It's barely there, on the bottom left, but it's there. I no longer have a baby with a big toothless smile! I will try to post some more pictures in the next few days if things calm down a little bit more. Until then, enjoy her tooth!

2 comments:

Kenlie said...

Yeah....this picture still makes me sad even though I know it's a product of the car seat! So feel free to post or text me one soon.

I'm sooooo sorry to hear that little banana is sick. Mom told me tonight...and she was really worried. I know babies get sick, but Hannah isn't supposed to. Awwwwww....

Miss you guys! Feel better my lil banana!

Lindy said...

Oh poor girl! I hope that she feels better soon :)