Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wyoming/Texas Game in Laramie

Jon and I went up to Laramie for quit possibly the biggest game (definitely a top 5)ever in regular season in the school's history. No name UW playing number two ranked UT. It was one of those games where we knew that we would probably get creamed, but then again there's always hope. I mean the altitude always gives people trouble (we are the highest Div. 1 school in the nation) and there's always a chance for snow in September (although we didn't get any today). But alas, we did lose...but not without a fight. ESPN totally disregarded us, but I have to admit that the first half was incredibly entertaining...we were even ahead for a few minutes of the first half. It definitely made the trip worthwhile. Despite the loss, we were proud to cheer for our Cowboys and were glad we made the trip up. We stayed with our family friends Dan & Kim, helped celebrate Dan's 50th birthday Jimmy Buffet style, had our favorite biscuits and gravy for breakfast with some friends, and I even found some time to get my Mother's Day massage. It was a good weekend! Hannah also got to experience her first Cowboy game. The stories are always told about Jon's older brother, Joe, and his football attendance as a baby, and now Hannah has a similar story too. She was so good and didn't seem to mind being out in the cool, windy weather once she got her hat. What a trooper! I did try to take some pictures of the weekend, but only managed to get ones at the game... Hannah in her super cute UW gear. We bought a hat for her at the game (it's actually an adult hat that we folded and put on her. It worked great and she can wear it in the future too) and her grandparents got her the onsie. It's a picture of Pistol Pete, with her head, and says on the bottom, "I'm a Little Pistol." I totally want her to be a "little pistol" so I thought the outfit was super. Notice also the layers...she's got on A LOT of clothes: socks, baby legs, fleece sleeper/play outfit, UW onsie, and UW hat. She's prepared for Wyoming weather!
I just could not get enough of Hannah in her little outfit!
She just wanted to cuddle and sleep at the game, so clearly she is very content hanging out with her grandma.
Such a grumpy face...I decided that she is thinking, "bring it Longhorns, bring it!!"
Jon, his Dad, and Hannah at the tailgate before the game.
Boo Longhorns! Surprisingly there were a TON of Longhorn fans at the game.
Much better family photo.
Emi and Hannah before the game. Hannah had to temporarily accept a Nebraska Cornhuskers hat while we walked over to the stadium to purchase her hat.
Kyong and Emi stopped by the tailgate for a few minutes. They live just across the street.

2 comments:

Joan said...

What great pictures of the family at the game!!! Wish I was there. Hannah the little pistol is soooo cute. And she looks good in her Cornhuskers hat too. Wait till I get to work and show them that my co-worker David isn't the only one that went tailgating this weekend. :) Love the pictures. Miss you guys see you soon. Love you MOM

erin beth said...

Okay, the way Hannah's lip is curled in the picture with Jon's mom is EXACTLY how yours does Steph! So, so cute :D