I was going to try to put the Wendy's logo with a red circle with a line through it, but that didn't work. So, I will just have to say what I mean. This is not to all Wendy's as Wendy's is almost always my fast food restaurant of choice. I will not, however, choose Wendy's in Gillette, WY again. I am most certain that my ailments for the last two days are a result of this most disgusting restaurant. Jon and I were heading back home after spending the weekend with his parents. Rather than stay for lunch with Mike and Cindy, Jon decided that we were in much too big of a hurry to get back, so we would just grab something on our way home.
Much to my own demise, I chose Wendy's, despite the fact that Jon had gotten the Wyoming equivalent to Taco Bell. Taco John's (yes that's the name) is just far too disgusting for me to eat at, even though this particular restaurant was new. So, I went down the street to Wendy's. As we are approximately 5 minutes outside of town, I realized that they didn't give me my drink. I was so looking forward to washing those nuggets down with a diet coke...but it was partly my fault for not realizing this until we were 5 minutes outside of town. So, I decided to live with the disappointment, since Jon said we could stop for a diet coke at the next gas station.
Already a little frustrated with our friends down at Wendy's because of my diet coke, I began eating my meal which was warm at best and tried to ignore it. We are in Wyoming after all and the service just isn't good...I have come to expect bad service having lived here for almost two years. So I ate about half of my meal, because by the time I got halfway through, I just couldn't eat it anymore. I wasn't all that hungry anymore and decided I could wait until we got home and that I wouldn't starve. So we drove on. We made it to Cheyenne and had to make a couple of pit stops. It had gotten a little late, so we thought we might like to have some dinner in Cheyenne. We do this whenever we can because they have real restaurants like Chilli's and Olive Garden. My stomach was kind of hurting so I wasn't really very hungry. Jon couldn't decide what he wanted so we just went home.
We got home around 8:30 pm and still I wasn't feeling too great, so I just unpacked a few things, had a little popcorn, and waited until 9:00 to go to bed. I went to bed and woke up to a vicious stomach ache around 3:00am. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, but I knew I was sick. I slid out of bed and went to the restroom where unmentionable things started to occur, followed by intense sweating. Once I finally got calmed back down and cooled off (I was sitting on the cold floor) I went back to bed. I laid there for what seemed like hours...reality it was probably 20-30 minutes, when suddenly I was so cold I couldn't stand it anymore. I got up to find an extra blanket, any blanket, which was tough because we just recently moved all of our extra blankets to the camper for the summer. Finally I found one...all the while Jon is still sleeping.
I returned to bed while trying to wrap myself up. He finally responds, "what's the matter with you?" I didn't know where to begin, so I just said, I'm cold and he snuggled up to share his warmth. I feel back asleep. It is well after 4:00am at this point. The alarm goes off at a quarter to six...are you kidding me? I feel like crap...snooze. Nine minutes later....no way...snooze. Nine more minutes later...Jon, I'm not going to work today...snooze. Why? Because I'm sick...really? 8 1/2 minutes later...alarm...check my temperature...100.0 I'm sick...really? 100 degrees? You should go back to sleep! Thanks...snooze. Eight minutes later...Jon, can you get my phone for me, I need to call work. I'm turning this thing off...alarm off. Thirty minutes later, Jon gets up and brings me my phone and asks what happened? I explain my night, and he says, "Wendy's...I'll be it was the Wendy's." Crap! He's right...food poisoning...I've never had food poisoning before. This sucks. I tried to sit up to call work, and couldn't even do that. I was flat on my back. Jon had to call me in sick because I couldn't do it myself. After that Jon had to go to class and so he got me some Tylenol and left. I went back to sleep. I slept and slept and slept.
I woke up and was starving...so I ate...big mistake. It got worse...by the end of the day I feeling pretty disgusting. Not only because I didn't feel well, but all because I hadn't showered and remembered that I hadn't even brushed my teeth. So I took a bath...felt so good. I kept letting the cold water out and filling it up with good hot water. Why had I waited so long to do that? So, I felt much better and that was about the time that Jon got home. He must make me feel better because I perked up and had some dinner. Still not feeling great, I watched Everybody Loves Raymond and then Jeopardy. Turned out to be a nice relaxing evening, and then went back to bed around 8:00pm. The last twenty-four hours had been rough, but I was actually feeling better.
The moral of the story? Don't eat Wendy's in Gillette, WY and be sure to marry someone that brightens your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment