Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Birthday Week Comes to an End

I love celebrating my birthday. A lot of people have told me that it's because I'm still young enough to enjoy it. I'm not sure that's the reason, but either way I do love it. So I anticipate it's coming and try to celebrate all week. Jon actually likes to "celebrate" all month, but that is usually only when he is trying to get his way and he throws out the classic, "but it's my birthday month."

Anyway, this year my birthday week kind of started out rough (see previous post), but it turned out pretty good in the end. We had a little celebration at work on Tuesday, followed by a preliminary dinner out with my hubby on Wednesday, along with packages and cards coming in the mail. Thursday, my actual birthday ended up being great. My good friend Michell took me out to lunch and got me a really cool winter vest (see picture above--I'm wearing it while opening my gift from Jon). I am excited to wear it, although it has finally warmed up, so I'm not going to get too excited just yet(that would mean summer is over). The thing that really stinks about growing up is that often you have to actually go to work on your birthday, so that was a bit of a bummer, although I wasn't actually required to do a whole lot. I had tons of phone calls and emails so that kept be busier than my actual work. Anyway, so after work I ran some errands while waiting for Jon to get off work (since we go to work together). When he got off, he drove in the opposite direction of home, and I found out that Jon had called some friends and they were meeting us at the Thai restaurant in town. So we had a great dinner (pic below with Kyong & Emi) and then went home.


We got in and Jon said he would be right back. I love surprises so I didn't mind waiting for whatever he was doing. I noticed that I had a bouquet of flowers on the table as I was opening all of the mail. It had been a good amount of time since Jon had left, so I looked out the window to see if our car was there. It was, so I was really confused about where he might be. So I did what an impatient, birthday girl would do. I called him. He said he was in the garage (which isn't attached to our house, so I can't see it) and that he would be inside in a few minutes. He finally came in and had a huge box that had been wrapped with packing tape and paper. On one side of the paper, was a poem that he had written. After I read his sweet words, I asked if there was something else inside. So I opened it up and there were tennis rackets and tennis balls. Now you would have to know that I have been hounding Jon about learning to play tennis this summer. I've played a few times and really enjoyed it, so I thought why not learn to play a new sport. He's been hesitant about it, but I guess he decided that it would be okay. So we are going to learn tennis. We even went out to the courts to play on Friday.

So it turned out to be a good week, and it ended with a little shopping trip to Fort Collins, which is always fun for us. More to come about that, but overall I would have to say that my birthday week was a success and went out with a bang. Thanks for all your birthday wishes and for your wonderful friendships!

No comments: