
This summer I decided to plant some flowers and a few other things in large pots to put on my porch. I planted several things that I have heard grow well here. I planted some daisies and sunflowers in one pot, zinnias in another, sweet peppers in another, and strawberries in the final one. I am so excited because the flowers are starting to sprout up out of the soil and my stra

wberries are blooming. I'm thinking that I will actually have some strawberries ripen up in the next month or so. Apparently they do really well here, so there shouldn't be much of a problem. One thing I have missed so much about our old house in Edmond is all of the flowers. We had roses, tulips, daffodils, tiger lilies, irises, and that's just to name a few. The best thing about it was that I had fresh flowers in our house all summer long. So when picking out flowers to plant, I picked some that would cut nicely. I am so anxious to have my flowers, although it could be a couple of months before they are in full bloom. I hope that our little deck will turn into an Eden of plants and flowers by the end of the summer. Until then, I can just enjoy the idea of what they will be like. Hopefully my strawberries will be as large and delicious as I would expect these to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment