I have been thinking a lot about writing a book lately. I have always kind of wanted to do that, but I kind of feel like I need to experience life a little more first. I've got all of these ideas for books in my head and I have "started" several. This means a page or two here and there.
I have always wanted to write about missions or something like that, but I am not a "missionary" so what could I possibly know about missions?? Ok so that is a little far fetched, but that's my thought process. I have considered writing stories. I do have a lot of those and I have a lot of friends who have a lot of stories, I just can't come up with a theme. In my head I see chapters dedicated to the work going on in different countries around the world, or perhaps to different ordinary people that I know that have served in various places.
I just can't figure out the format or the what the purpose of the book would be. Any suggestions??? I will definately give credits to anyone who helps if I ever complete it or publish it!!! Anyway, I think it could be a cool idea, and even just in typing a bit here I have come up with some more ideas. I'll keep you posted on the progress if there is any!!!
2 comments:
silly silly...of course youre missionaries. Aren't we all "stateside missionaries" if you think about it?
Yes, Lallie Beth is a beautfiul little girl and its really a true honor to be her mom. I always thought that was cheesy when ppl said that, but its so true. She's just a real joy! I can't wait to come visit you guys.
big hug my darling friend!
Hey girl! This is funny because I also have been thinking of writing a book on Afghan women for a long time. After everything that's happened with Cyd, I am thinking of for sure writing one now- but more in story form about everything that actually happened, her path there, the stories she had with women, and eventually what happened to her.
Its made me realize what they say is true- "Write what you know." Although I'd tried writing a story about Afgh for a long time, until Cyd's life ended and her story came to life in my heart I couldn't articulate anything. Now things just flow. The things that inspire you in your own life will make your story write itself. Love ya!
Post a Comment