Thursday, March 27, 2008

Indian Table Runner

My boss travels to India and China somewhat frequently to recruit graduate students. He usually goes two or three times a year. Sometimes, we get lucky (or he is really nice) and he buys gifts for all of us. I love it because our home's decor is kind of Asian...plus we always had friends that would bring gifts back for us from their homes. So we have quite the collection of international gifts. Last time my boss went to India he brought back these beautiful hand beaded/embroidered pillow cases, which Jon and I decided to use as a wall hanging. This time, we got really lucky...at least that's my opinion. He brought back the most beautiful table runners. They are hand beaded and have been hand stiched. The one I picked just happend to match quite well with the pillow case he got me last time and the rest of our house. I was so excited, although when I got it home last night, I realized that I am not sure where I will put it. We love our kitchen table because it is very unique in size. It is a large, round, modern looking table that we just happen to love. Although since table runners are typically made for rectangular shaped tables, I am not sure what I will do with it. Hmm...I am sure I will be able to figure it out, because it is just so nice that it deserves a good location. So we will see. I really just think that it is great that my boss does that for us and it makes my day everytime!!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Maybe you could drape it across a counter top. Or what about at the foot of your bed?

Jon and Steph said...

I am going to have to try some of that...I just can't think if we have the right sized furniture for it. I thought about maybe drapping it across our entertainment center, but I hadn't thought about the bed. Maybe I wil try that tonight!!

The Breedings said...

We draped a table runner across our dresser for while. It's a long double size dresser though- I don't remember what you guys have...