I crave the weirdest foods sometimes, for what seems like no apparent reason. Of coarse there is the inevitable food cravings that most women have a certain time of the month...and then there are just plain weird ones. One time, around Christmas, I wanted Outback. Everywhere I went I could smell it. Every town we drove through (we were driving to LA) the first thing I spotted was Outback. I have to say too, when I am craving something it is incredibly difficult to ignore. The craving went on for the entire two weeks that we were gone. Fortunately, at the very end of our trip we go to stop and eat there. It was pure heaven I have to say.
Due to this intense craving mechanism inside me, I am very aware of the "flavor of the day, week, or month." This week, it has been pickles. I can't explain it. I was going to the restroom at work one day earlier this week, and found that the stairwell that I use had an overwhelming smell of pickles. Now I don't know that anyone else noticed it, but I did. Jon says that's where it all begins...the smells. Honestly though, I am not even a pickle eater really. Maybe I will have one every so often when they come with a sandwich or something, but that's it. I don't even like them on a hamburger or anything. So this craving of pickles has just dumbfounded me!! All week long, I was thinking about how I should pack a pickle in my lunch. Jon actually packs the lunches, so I mentioned that I wanted one. He kept forgetting, since that is not one of my normal requests...that is until today. Today was "P-day." And can I just say that when I ate the pickle, it was truly amazing. Best pickle I've had in years...so good in fact that since Jon packed one for himself, but did not eat it, I think I will eat his as well. Although I cannot explain it, it is one of those little things in life that brings me joy. And so we will just have to wait and see if the pickle saga lives on or if today's indulgence will suffice.
No comments:
Post a Comment