On Saturday, Jon and I went to Cheyenne. We had a nail in our tire that needed to get fixed, but we had to take it to Sears because that is where we got our tires. They are supposed to fix them for free, but then proceeded to tell us that we needed a new tire and that they couldn't fix it. Then they told us that we would have to by two at least two new tires, because our other one was "too old," even though it only had 30,000 miles on it. So we left in a whirl of frustration...all I wanted to do in Cheyenne was get our tire fixed and then hang out at Barnes and Noble until dinner. Well that went out the window because we were left to find a place in town, that we aren't terribly familiar with, that would sell tires at a decent price, that is not Sears. Fortunately, we got a recommendation from an auto parts store to go to Sam's. We like Sam's so we thought we would go for it. So we got two new tires for the price that we would have paid at Sam's and we are both pretty sure that they are actually better quality tires.
By that point it was dinner time...we hadn't been to the Olive Garden in forever, so we decided to go there. It just opened about a month ago, so it was pretty packed. At 4:30pm there was a 55 minute wait...Jon and I with nothing better to do decided that we could wait that long. Then, by a stroke of shear genius, Jon went to the bar area and found a table. There is open seating in that area, so we were really pumped. Turns out that we ended up being finished with our dinner about the same time that we would have been seated. Super!!!
And finally it was time to go to Barnes & Noble. That was the one thing I had been looking forward to all day long. I love books...I love bookstores...I love being surrounded by them. As I was perusing the isles, I was reminded of home much I MISS going to B&N on a regular basis. It was fantastic. I usually do the bulk of my book shopping at Amazon.com now since I don't have a B&N or Mardel to frequent. I did find at least 5-6 books that are going on my list of "to-be-reads." I just looked through them and thoroughly enjoyed them. I had brought Pride and Prejudice with me to read. I was 20 pages from the end and dying to finish it, even though I've read it several times before and seen the movie. So I finished my book while Jon finished some homework, and then we went back to Laramie. I couldn't have asked for a better end to the day!!!
1 comment:
I'm glad that you had a postive end to your day. Buying stuff for cars stinks! There's really nothing fun about it all.
Post a Comment