Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Two Month Check-Up

Hannah had her doctor's appointment today, as I mentioned in the previous post. She got three shots along with an oral vaccination! That's a lot for anyone. I even got a little teary-eyed when they gave her the shots. I had never heard her cry like that before, which I suppose is good because that means that she's never been in real pain. It was just so sad and I knew there was nothing I could do about it! Before the shots, however, she got weighed, measured, and check out by the doctor. I was just a little disappointed because I was hoping she would be ten pounds. As it turns out, she came in a half and ounce shy at 9 lbs. 15 1/2 oz. Darn it! I was feeding her while we were waiting and she had an ounce of food left. I told her that if she had just finished that food up faster, we could have made 10 lbs, but such is life. I think I can be fairly certain that by next time she will be over ten pounds! She also grew 2 1/2 inches since the last time she was at the doctor's office. Apparently that is quite a bit of growth in one month. The doctor was impressed and said that while she is still really low in weight, she was happy because she was definitely growing. So Hannah is now almost ten pounds and 23 inches long. She is growing up and changing so much everyday. I think she is starting to look a lot more like me too and she definitely got my expressive faces. You can really see it in these two pictures. Walking with Dad on the bed in our hotel.
You looking at me, Mom?

4 comments:

Kenlie said...

What a priceless face! I do see so much of you in her. Wow..

joancharp51 said...

she is so beautiful, I love the pictures each time and the quotes with the pictures. C.J. said look out when Hannah gets here she is not going to want to go home, she will love the bayou, she'll want to go swimming in the bayou as her pool. Love you MOM

AndyandLex said...

She is SOOOO completely a miniature you steph. Unbelivable! What a little beauty. And the expression? Hello YOU!

jimmy, marisa, jadeyn and brynlee said...

nice head control, hannah!!