I have always been in the school of thought that says that people have things about them that are both learned from their environment as well as things that are innate. Basically people are influenced both by nature and nurture. Hannah is proving that more and more every day. She has her very own personality and has inherited traits from both Jon and me. It is so fun to observe, so I thought I would share some of those things with you. These are in no particular order, although we notice some a lot more often than others.
1. Hannah HATES all things changing table. This includes but is not limited to diaper changes, clothing changes, preparing for a bath, and getting rubbed down with lotion. Below is holding on to Jon because she is afraid that he is going to put her back on the changing table that he just picked her up from. So cute!
3. Hannah is a ravenous eater. The first weekend I was so afraid that she wasn't getting enough to eat because I didn't think that my milk had come in yet. At her doctors appointment the following Monday (so she was 5 days old) morning, we found out that she is just fine. The doctors give babies about two weeks to get back up to their birth weight (they drop weight the first few days), but our little ravenous eater, Hannah, did it in only 3 days. What a champ!
4. Hannah LOVES to cuddle and be held. There have been a few days when she just wants to cuddle and gets upset (see #2) if I put her down. While I love it, it is hard to get things done when she is in a cuddling mood, so today I discovered the genius that is a carrier. Hands free, yet she feels close and cuddly.
5. She is very social. That's what we say anyway. She likes to "go out." Two nights in a row we went out to dinner and she was amazing. I, of course, was worried that she would freak out (see #2), but she didn't. In fact, she was a perfect angel. She slept through both meals, despite Hispanic men singing Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs in Spanish at the table next to us. So we decided that she just enjoys the noise and activity of going out, so therefore she is social. Makes sense, right?
More to come on our little girl and her quirkiness.
5 comments:
I love it. Of course she has such personality, she has you and Jon for parents. How special :)
HI Stephanie & Jon; I love the picture of Hannah holding on for dear life on Jon's shirt. She is so cute. And I love the picture of you (Stephanie) holding her; she is all cuddled up you can tell she feel so comfortable with her mom. I loved all the pictures; and Stephanie I love how you write and describe everything little detailed. MOM
Thank you for the details! I want to know all about her!
Have you seen, heard of, or tried the "Moby D"? It's a long piece of material that you wrap around your body to make a baby sling/carrier.
When Anna was a newborn she fit snug inside of it like the womb, and now that she's older she fits in it like a carrier. So it grows with the baby! No need to purchase a new one when they get bigger.
E-I haven't heard of it...I will check it out. I am game for anything that will free up my hands a bit...at least just to do some laundry or make lunch or something. Thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment