I am headed to Oklahoma this week. It will be a short trip, but I am really looking forward to it. I fly in Thursday morning and plan to spend Thursday and Friday with the pops, if he's available (which I am pretty sure he said he would be). I suppose we will hang out, probably eat some food, even do a little shopping, maybe catch a basketball game, and most definitely eat some ice cream at Braums. I am looking forward to seeing his new house. I have heard about this place for a while now and so I am excited to see it. Maybe we'll even do some fishing since Dad brags about the ponds on the property. I don't know if the fish will be around or not since technically it is still winter there, but I kind of think they should be because it will be warm!
Warm, that's right! Now it has been "warm" here too. We have had unusually warm weather this winter...I think its only been below zero for a high a few times this year. That is a significant improvement from the last few years, since there were weeks at a time where it didn't ever get above zero...and months were it was never even close to being above freezing. The snow usually just keeps coming and doesn't melt until spring (aka. April or May). So I shouldn't complain really...it has been in the 40's some this winter, which is just un-heard of. According to weather.com though, it is supposed to be in the upper 60's and even 70's in Oklahoma this weekend! It honestly doesn't get that warm in Laramie until late May or June. It's what makes the summers here unbelievably nice and allows us to get by all summer long with no air conditioner. But boy, I will not be complaining about feeling 60's and 70's in February! Woo-hoo!
I am obviously looking forward to some nice weather, but there are some many other things too. My old roomies and good friends, Sara and Elise, are throwing me a baby shower on Saturday, which I am totally pumped about. I am bringing an extra suitcase at Sara's request to bring home any goods that Hannah gets! And, I am just thoroughly looking forward to getting to relax and hang out with good friends, that know me and love me anyways, for a few days. I also always look forward to going to church at Henderson Hills. It is always so refreshing to go there and to be apart of a church that is growing and serving. It is home, and I just look forward to getting to rest there, even if only for a little while.
I am sure I will have lots of pictures and stories to tell when I return, so Be Prepared!!!
4 comments:
How exciting! I'm so jealous about Braums! Eat extra ice cream for me too :)
Safety has no quitting time. Does Baby Haddy's mommy put safety first? I think so.
I WILL do that Lindy! Not that I need further excuse, but I will definately have a scoop in your honor!
Dad's house is nice so I think you'll be happy for him when you see it.
Have tons of fun!
Post a Comment