Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back Home

I had a great trip to Oklahoma, although it was quite short. I got to spend some good quality with my dad the first couple of days. We went to the zoo, mostly because I wanted to be outside because it was in the 60's and 70's. We walked around for a few hours and had a great time. We also went to dinner at the Toby Keith restaurant and to an OKC Thunder basketball game. Elise took some maternity pictures for me at their studio, which I am excited to see. Sara and Elise also threw me a baby shower. It was so nice to see all of my friends. Summer even came up from Dallas for it! Even though it wasn't for very long, it is always so good for me to see friends that I can just be comfortable and myself around.
The weather was beautiful and even bordered on hot for me! It made me very glad to be having this baby in Wyoming, that's for sure. It is still cold in early April and that's how I want it because apparently the warmth can really screw with you (or it did with me anyhow). I haven't had any real swelling of my ankles and haven't had the typical pregnancy "cankles." I don't know what it was about being in Oklahoma (my theory is the heat and humidity), but my ankles swelled up like balloons while I was there! By the end of the last day, they were almost purple they were so swollen! I debated taking a picture of them as proof, but decided against it. It definitely had something to do with Oklahoma because by the time I got home from the airport (it's about two hours away), I could see the bones in my feet again. And I haven' had a problem since! Weird, huh?
So it was great to go as always, but for the sake of my poor ankles I was glad to be home!

No comments: