This week has just been crazy, and I believe that it is only the beginning. For some reason, there is now a huge sense of urgency to get things done! Perhaps because Hannah's due date is only a short 8 weeks from today?? Or perhaps that Jon is about to hit mid-term week?? Or perhaps that we just have lots to do to catch up on after being gone?
Either way, Jon and I feel swamped! We started taking our prenatal class last night and found that while it was very informative, it was much for of a time commitment than we suspected. It is on Wednesday nights for six weeks. We got the information about the class late, so we are actually going to the end of one class, will have a few weeks off, and then start the next group of classes. Basically we have two weeks of class and then a two week break before our next one. This is because the next class isn't over until April 15th, which is past our due date of the 9th. They didn't want us to miss any information, so we get to tag along in the other class for a few weeks. We expected that the classes would be an hour and then you leave. Well apparently we were mistaken because the class last night ran for 2 hours and 15 minutes! I think 2 hours is standard, but good grief that is a lot of time! If I would have been running the class, it would have taken an hour and a half at the most, but the teachers are really chatty and go off on tangents all the time! Hopefully the others will be better!
I am also developing a list of things that need to be done before the baby comes and it seems to get longer everyday! Things we need to purchase, meals to make, packing of things that we won't need in a few months to make more room in our little apartment, getting the car seat installed, etc. I guess it is just go time and this is probably normal for most women, but I am afraid to get too busy because it will make time fly by too quickly! And we only have eight weeks left as it is!
I am also getting a little worried about my job. The lady that is supposed to take my place while I am gone is making me really nervous! It is a fairly slow time in my job, so it's nice that I will be gone when I am gone, but I don't look forward to coming back afterwards. In my job, I have always had to ask a ton of questions and rarely assume that I am absolutely right. It is only now that this is my third year that I am very confident in my job, but it took over a year to get to that point. This is not because I am slow or don't get things, but just because there are a TON of details in my job and each semester is different. I have learned to ask tons of questions and when in doubt, ask more questions. It is my job to make sure that everything is getting completed accurately, so if I mess up, it can mess up a lot of other things. I am afraid that this lady will not ask questions (that's how it's been so far) and will assume that she knows enough. I know from personal experience that this is a BAD assumption and it affects a lot of people beyond me. I guess that it why my job is so stressful, but I just don't find that she is taking it seriously! But what can I do, right? I am hoping that Jon will be able to start working before I have to come back from maternity leave, so then I just won't have to worry about it at all, but we'll see!
So it looks like the next eight weeks will be busy, despite the fact that I don't want them to be. However, I am certain that all of the busy-ness and our hard work will pay off. And besides there will always be time to rest once Baby Haddy arrives, right?? ;)
Either way, Jon and I feel swamped! We started taking our prenatal class last night and found that while it was very informative, it was much for of a time commitment than we suspected. It is on Wednesday nights for six weeks. We got the information about the class late, so we are actually going to the end of one class, will have a few weeks off, and then start the next group of classes. Basically we have two weeks of class and then a two week break before our next one. This is because the next class isn't over until April 15th, which is past our due date of the 9th. They didn't want us to miss any information, so we get to tag along in the other class for a few weeks. We expected that the classes would be an hour and then you leave. Well apparently we were mistaken because the class last night ran for 2 hours and 15 minutes! I think 2 hours is standard, but good grief that is a lot of time! If I would have been running the class, it would have taken an hour and a half at the most, but the teachers are really chatty and go off on tangents all the time! Hopefully the others will be better!
I am also developing a list of things that need to be done before the baby comes and it seems to get longer everyday! Things we need to purchase, meals to make, packing of things that we won't need in a few months to make more room in our little apartment, getting the car seat installed, etc. I guess it is just go time and this is probably normal for most women, but I am afraid to get too busy because it will make time fly by too quickly! And we only have eight weeks left as it is!
I am also getting a little worried about my job. The lady that is supposed to take my place while I am gone is making me really nervous! It is a fairly slow time in my job, so it's nice that I will be gone when I am gone, but I don't look forward to coming back afterwards. In my job, I have always had to ask a ton of questions and rarely assume that I am absolutely right. It is only now that this is my third year that I am very confident in my job, but it took over a year to get to that point. This is not because I am slow or don't get things, but just because there are a TON of details in my job and each semester is different. I have learned to ask tons of questions and when in doubt, ask more questions. It is my job to make sure that everything is getting completed accurately, so if I mess up, it can mess up a lot of other things. I am afraid that this lady will not ask questions (that's how it's been so far) and will assume that she knows enough. I know from personal experience that this is a BAD assumption and it affects a lot of people beyond me. I guess that it why my job is so stressful, but I just don't find that she is taking it seriously! But what can I do, right? I am hoping that Jon will be able to start working before I have to come back from maternity leave, so then I just won't have to worry about it at all, but we'll see!
So it looks like the next eight weeks will be busy, despite the fact that I don't want them to be. However, I am certain that all of the busy-ness and our hard work will pay off. And besides there will always be time to rest once Baby Haddy arrives, right?? ;)
1 comment:
wow - that is a long childbirth class! good luck with that! we have ours coming up first week of march, and although ours is long, it'll be over with in one day. it was great to see you last sunday! you really look good.
Post a Comment