We also got to go see some alligators! When Mom and CJ picked us up from the airport, they took us to eat some lunch at a place called Sparhs. They swore that alligators were always there and that Hannah would get to see some. I told them not to make a promise that they were not certain would happen, but they insisted because Hannah was so jazzed up about it. As it turns out, no alligators. So they had to deliver on their promise by taking Hannah to a swamp tour. We didn't actually go on the boat, but went to the little zoo thing. Hannah got to hold some alligators and was not afraid at all. I was so proud of her because she really enjoyed playing with them. On the way out she was almost crying...she whispered in my ear something to the effect of: "Mommy, I forgot! I forgot! I forgot to talk to the mommy and daddy alligator to ask if I could take the baby alligator home with me! I forgot!" Needless to say, the swamp tour was a hit!
In addition to alligators, they had turtles, goats, racoons, and a plethora of other animals for Hannah's viewing pleasure!
Hannah also had her first encounter with crawfish! She's a true cajun girl and I love it!
Mimicing the crawfish on the ground. He only had one arm, but he was a bully. Hannah kept two crawfish out of the bag to play with and she kept telling the smaller of the two, "It's okay little guy, that's your daddy! Don't be afraid, Daddy's don't hurt people!" I am glad to hear that that is her perception! It means she has a good daddy! :)
Sis, Me, and Mom.
Gearing up for Disney World!
Hannah likes to get her way...and when I say "likes" I really mean that she insists on getting her way every time she does anything. I guess it's the result of being the only kid and the only grandkid on both sides...while Jon and I try not to cater to her every whim, the grandparents usually do. When Grandma would not get in the pool like she demanded, she brought the pool to Grandma (and Grandpa too)! From the pure delight on her face, you can tell that she got away with it too!
My sister and I picked Jon up from the airport late Friday evening. Jon's never been to the French Quarter in all the 10-15 times he's been to Louisiana, so we all went after picking Jon up. There's a place called Pat O'Brien's that is famous for their hurricanes. Since a hurricane is one of my favorite mixed drinks, we decided to sqing by and get one. They didn't have food because it was too late, but we were all starving. So Jon graciously braved the French Quarter to get us some food! It was delicious! I am so glad we went...the three of us really had a wonderful time and Pat O'Brien's is a really cool place, just in case you are curious! ;)
The last day that we were there, we had a family get together (as we always do when we visit). I didn't know that my other family (Jon's side) would be attending the party! They were on their way to Disney World. Jon and my mom arranged for them to surprise me by stopping by. My aunt Cynthia took a few pictures and I thought that this one turned out really good!
So did this one! Hannah was in serious need of a nap, but she humored us and took one more picture! The next day we were off to Disney World. I will definitely post some pictures of that in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment