For some reason, half of my pictures didn't upload, so we'll have to this in two posts. Hannah and I went to Louisiana because Jon had to work the week of my 30th birthday. I was already struggling with the idea of turning 30, so the last thing I wanted to do was sit at home, while Jon worked late and be miserable (a little dramatic, I know but that's how I felt at the time). So I decided to go visit my Mom's house for the week. Mom had to work a little while we were there, but she was sure to provide plenty of entertain for us while she was gone.
This was some unexpected entertainment though. Our neighbor drove up on his Harley the first day and I thought Hannah might be interested in seeing it. So I asked her if she wanted to say hi and before we knew it, she was going for a quick ride around the street. I know, she doesn't have on a helmet, but it was literally a circle through the yard and back up the one block street...plus, it really didn't cross our minds at all. She LOVED it and commented on it every time she saw it.
My sister took me to lunch at Copeland's, a local cajun/steak place. I was excited to get to have a glass of wine and some desert! Can you tell that we were all having a good time??
For dinner, my mom ordered me some crabs...it's one of my two favorite foods on the planet, so it was appropriate for a birthday dinner. Hannah likes animals, fish, etc. and has very little fear so we always let her check things out. She wasn't sure about the crab, but she warmed up to the idea a little later.
My uncle brought over this power wheels truck for Hannah to play with while she was visiting. She apparently didn't like us telling her how to drive the truck, although we were trying to be helpful, so she insisted on driving it around the yard in reverse. She thought it was hilarious!
Hannah was really anti-pictures at various times throughout the trip and one of those days happened to be my birthday. This was the best picture that we got together, but then again, maybe it's appropriate! You can't beat the fishey-face!
My sister made cupcakes!
This is an old fashioned phone handle that plugs into cell phones. Hannah wanted to talk to everyone on this phone. I think she talked to my dad more in one conversation than in all of their other phone conversations combined! We are going to have to get us one of these!
Self-applied sunscreen. Mom got a blow-up swimming pool for Hannah to put in the front yard. She played in it just about every day!
We also got to go to Chucky Cheese and Hannah was a HUGE fan. Now I understand why people take their kids there. It's pretty fun to watch the kiddos have so much fun!
Hannah's favorite part of the night was playing air hockey with Grandma. She didn't really get the concept of the game, but there were a lot of happy squeals and a good deal of jumping/cheering. This is one side of the table.
And this was the other...Hannah and Mom truly had the best time! I think they played two or three times! Part 2 coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment