I have tried to do a blog about Hannah's birthday party a few times now and I have had trouble uploading the photos each time. Then I got busy and well I just plain didn't want to take the time to do it. So finally it is time! I have combined it with several other things that have been happening the last several weeks...but first, the party.
Hannah actually left for a week an a half after her party and spent some time in Texas with Jon's parents and sisters. She had a great time, but we all decided that she was ready to come home. I took her to the park when she got home because I knew she would be ready for her "normal" things! And she was...she played at the park like she had never played before. She was so sweet and happy to be at her "regular" park. It doesn't hurt that she pretty much just loves all things outside anyway...
She likes me, she really likes me!
When we were at the park once, Jon showed her how to climb up this weird rounded ladder. After that she always tried climbing it and it only took a few times before she was comfortable doing it. I blame Jon for this and do not love that she chooses this route to get to the slide. It stressed me out because in this pictures she is probably three to four feet off the ground! Of course she doesn't want any help either so I just hang out close to her so that I can catch her if she falls. Of course she hasn't fallen either and I am sure that my stress is unwarranted, but I just can't help it. I am such a chicken when it comes to things like this, yet I don't want her to be a chicken like me! I have issues, I know...that's why I have Jon in my life...he makes me relax a little!
Happy to have made it to the big slide! The kid LOVES sliding...that and swinging are her favorite park activities!
So Hannah got home from Texas on a Wednesday and we left on Thursday to go to Oklahoma. Hannah was the flower girl in my friend Erin's wedding so we left late Thursday afternoon to drive to Oklahoma. It was a quick trip but we loved getting to be at their wedding and seeing them commit their lives to each other. It was at a place called Quartz Mountain Resort. There's camping, fishing, golf, etc there so we spent Friday morning checking everything out! Hannah's favorite part was getting to see all of the turtles...and getting to wear her dress and be pretty.
Here she is the morning of the wedding. She got her hair done and when I came in to get her a little later she found me, came up to me, put her hand under her hair and fluffed it, and said, "Mommy, I pretty!" She definitely thought that the wedding was all about her so that was pretty cute. She loves both Erin and Larry (the bride and groom) so she did great with the rehearsing and the ceremony.
I was a "friend of honor" in the wedding so I was already down the aisle before Hannah had to walk down. Jon was at the back with her and got to walk down the aisle. Once she got going she walked right up to the stage and wanted to see Larry. She plopped down right in the middle of the stage, right were the bride was supposed to be! Again, I really think that she thought it was all about her! I convinced her to come over to sit with me and she finally did right before Erin made her entrance. I was worried about how she would react during the wedding to sitting still and being quite. She took it way better than I expected! She rustled around for a few minutes and then I noticed that the person sitting next to me was looking at Hannah and smiling. I didn't realize it, but Hannah had gone right to sleep! She slept through the entire ceremony and then even through the pictures! I couldn't have asked for anything better because she was perfectly quite throughout the whole thing!
Unfortunately I did not get very many pictures at the wedding. I usually take everyday pictures on my phone, but I knew that I would want to take a bunch so I got a whole pack of batteries at Sam's club (a little much I know, but I always want to be prepared). Our camera is kind of bulky and doesn't fit well in a purse but it takes great pictures so it's worth pulling it out for special occasions. So I was certain to pack my batteries, but forgot the dumb camera at home! I am hoping to get order some pictures or to get some from friends. There are a few cute ones on Hannah on the wedding website so you can check those out here: www.candiphoto.com/blog They are under the "Erin and Larry Wedding" post. You will also get to see pictures of our dear friends on their happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment