We had a great Valentine's weekend this year. First, we went to a place called Jake & Telly's in Old Colorado City...it's a Greek restaurant that has "saganaki" which is flaming Greek cheese. We had it in New York when we were there for Jon's grandparent's anniversary and Jon's Uncle Doug and I actually ordered a second serving (it's an appetizer) because it was so good. Needless to say, we haven't forgotten about Saganaki! This was good, but not as good as the stuff we had in New York. We figured out a couple of things that we could do differently with the cheese to make it better. We will definitely visit Jake & Telly's again though...the rest of our food was unbelievably good...Hannah even liked it, which is impressive since she's never really eaten Greek food before. And, Jake & Telly's is in Old Colorado City which is cute and quaint. We can't wait to go back when it's warmer to sit on the balcony! We drove around kind of aimlessly for a while looking for a bakery that we knew wouldn't be open and that we really didn't know the name of either. While we were driving, Jon suddenly remembered a fun place to go and we were close. It's called Squeak and it's a soda pop shop that makes a bazillion different flavors. So we walked in and they had a wall of candy, sodas, AND ice cream! It's like the perfect place for me and Hannah!
Hannah picked out smarties while we waited for our drinks and ice cream. Jon made her sssttteeetcchhh to get them out of his hand. It was quite amusing to everyone involved.
Waiting patiently for the goods!
The weather has been amazing, especially compared to the single digit highs that we have been having. So, we decided to get outside to enjoy the 50's by goin on a hike, but first we went to Panera for breakfast.
I finally found something that Hannah likes at Panera...she's not a big fan of muffins or eggs, so Panera is a little tough. She loves cream cheese, so I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier but she had a bagel with cream cheese. Hanging out and content after our breakfast while figuring out which hike to go on.
We chose a place called "the Crags" which is south of Garden of the Gods, but has similar rock formations and sandstone. It was amazing!
Hannah got tired during our hike, so she was resting her head on Jon's neck. Apparently, riding on Daddy's back on a hike is really tiring.


3 comments:
Love the pictures she is growing up so fast. The one of her and the monkey is precious. Wish I was there to see her cute things she does. Love you MOM and I love you very much too.
Loved the pics. Happy Valentine's Day to you guys! Hannah looks like such a happy hiker, and I'm with you Steph, I'm ready for spring!
Wow..these pics are so sweet! I love that she loves bagels and cream cheese. =)
Post a Comment