Saturday, February 5, 2011

Everything In Between

So there's A LOT of new posts here. I think 5 or 6 so be sure to scroll down and look at everything. I am finally "caught up" and hope to stay that way from here on out! I've done several "event" posts from the last few months, but there were several noteworthy things in between...hence this post. Enjoy!
Jon and played Fantasy Football together this year. It was always really frustrating to me when Jon would try to watch all of the games and check on stats for his leagues, so I decided to join him this year. I figured I wouldn't get as upset if it mattered to me too. I was right! I can't recall getting mad at him once for looking at his Fantasy Football stuff AND I had a great time doing it. Maybe it's because my team was amazing and I beat Jon a lot...it could also be because I actually won the entire league! Beginners luck?? Probably, but I'll take what I can get! See the photo above...I am "Broncogirl" and Jon is "Broncs." This is the final playoff game and as you can see, I took it all home with a winning score that was 0.08 points higher than Jon! I haven't really had an opportunity to brag about it, so I have to now!
Hannah and her hats! She is a huge fan of any and all hats. She has actually stolen the hat off my head in this photo.
My BFF Lindy introduced us to Lush...it's this amazing "beauty product" store in Boulder. They have these bubble bath bars that make more bubbles than I have ever seen! I big puffy heart them as does Hannah. This is the first of, I'm sure, many "Lush baths" for her! the kid is kind of obsessed with bubbles so she's in heaven right now!
Grandma Cindy got Hannah some wool-ey boots on one of her trips. Hannah sports them well!
This is hilarious to me! Shortly after we got home from Oklahoma I was doing some cleaning and came down the stairs to find this. Hannah is dancing, on top of the coffee table, and has wrapped the head phones around her shirt so that it looks like she is belly dancing. She is such a crack up!
This is one of the Christmas presents that we got Hannah. It's a table that converts into an easel and has a little stool to sit on. Hannah has really gotten in to coloring and painting lately so it is the perfect gift for her. I often find her sitting there coloring, even when I haven't prompted her to do it.
Remember how I said that Hannah loves hats?? This hat is from a people group in NW China called the Uighurs (pronounced Wee-gers). Jon's old roomate Justin brought it home for Jon. Hannah grabbed it off of our shelf and wore it around the house. This became one of her favorite hats, until we put it up high enough so that she could not reach it.
It has been a really nice winter so far, with the exception of the last week and a half. So we have been playing outside as much as possible. This is Hannah playing in the yard, wearing her sweet fleece jacket from her Uncle Doug!

Speaking of sweet jackets...is there anything better than a baby faux leather jacket?? I think not!
We got a new couch for the basement and Hannah was super excited about it. I thought the newness would eventually wear off, but it hasn't yet...she still likes to sit in "her spot" on the couch and it is so cute!
Again with the hats! She stole my hat, gloves, and scarf on one of our super cold days that we've had lately. So what was I supposed to wear to stay warm???
Just getting started on the painting...she's pretty serious about it!
Now we are getting crazy!
Hannah's hair has been getting super knotted lately and she does not so much enjoy getting those knots combed out. Also, she has a perpetually runny nose and a few strands up front kept getting stuck in her snotty nose! So, after 22 months, I decided it was time for a haircut!
I didn't cut much off and mostly just tried to even up some of the super long pieces. Fortunately she has super curly hair so I didn't have to make too straight of a line!
The finished product! It has been much easier to brush and I dare say a little bit curlier! First hair cut=success!

2 comments:

Kenlie said...

Lush is an awesome store! And that bubble bath soap = awesome! =)

She will have a few hats from me in the mail this week! Yay!

Kenlie said...

PS Congrats again on your victory! =)