Friday, April 30, 2010

The Par-tay!

Sorry it has taken me so long to put these pics up. Blogger has been super slow at uploading photos so I lost motivation. These are some of the pictures from the big day, which ended up being a super success (at least to us). We had the party at our new house which was so much fun. It was so great to have a place to entertain people again, as our house right now feels cramped with just two or three additional people! Enjoy!
Jon and Cindy (his mom) decorated the basement before the party. They did a fabulous job!
Cindy playing with Hannah in her new car. The kid loves that thing and now when we go to the new house, the first thing she does is walks right over and climbs in.
Jon's hanging the streamers.
My dad and I were just down there checking the place out...we can't actually claim that we helped with any of the decorating!View of the whole basement, almost totally decorated.
"Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Hannah. Happy Birthday to you!" By far her favorite part of the whole party was when the entire room turned to her and started singing!
Cake with her grandmas!
Nibbling on her cake while posing with Grandma Cindy.
Yes, that's a monkey pinata hanging from the ceiling fan! Well done, Jon. Well done.
Balloons! I know you aren't supposed to let babies have balloons because they can choke or something, but Hannah LOVED the balloons.
Monkey Cake! This was a group effort, although I have to say that my sister's decorating skills are what made the cake!
Sweet monkey & banana cookies that we made...there were also sheep!
Hannah, wearing her birthday crown, with her Auntie.
Jon and Cindy relaxing now that the party is underway!
Hannah with our friend Sally...so cute!
Now this cracked me up...Hannah does and always has shoved food in her face. It's like she stores it in her chipmunk cheeks. Not the case with the cake...I guess she wasn't all that crazy about it or something because she took tiny little pinches and ate them. Totally opposite of what I expected! She got a little messy, but it took a while and we sort of helped her along with it. Funny girl!
Jon, Hannah, and me posing with our friend Chrissy. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Chrissy's kids in here...they were so good at playing with Hannah and helping her open her presents! Well I guess there will be other opportunities down the road!
Me, Chrissy, and Sally.

One last family photo to wrap up the post!

No comments: