Friday, April 23, 2010

Hannah's Birthday Week

It was a wild an crazy week to say the least. It all kind of started the weekend before when we met up with Jon's parents and grandparents in Denver. Hannah was a major grump, in part due to her new tooth that she was getting, that weekend so we didn't get to take that many pictures. Then my sister came into town on Tuesday, Dad Wednesday, Mom Thursday, and Cindy Friday and the party on Saturday! My sister, Hannah, and I did a lot of shopping (at least for me anyway), we all helped plan the party, ate out, and baked up a store! It was a great week, although I have to admit, Hannah and I have been sleeping in and napping a little this week in order to recover! These are just going to be pictures of the things going on in the week. I will do a separate post of her actual party.
This was Hannah "helping" me get our house ready for guests! Those DVD's that are on the shelf eventually came down too, so I just decided to pack them up for the move.
My sister came into town bearing large amounts of gifts, as she finds great baby clothes in NYC for Hannah. This was on of the gifts that she brought for Hannah...every one year old needs a birthday crown to parade around in all week. Isn't it adorable?
My mom sent Hannah some sunglasses and I have been trying to get her to wear them lately. The sun is harsher here in the higher altitudes, so it's always good to start early with the shades.
Sporting one of her new sundresses from her Auntie along with her new shades, while practicing walking.
We had to go to Party World (or Galaxy or Center, whatever it's called) for some party supplies and had to take a few moments to pose in some sweet shades with the birthday girl.
My poor Dad got into town when we were on our way to the mall, so he had to meet us there. What a trooper, eh? I think the little girl to the right made it worth it for him!
Trying on her Auntie's shoes while her Auntie was trying on her shoes.
Gotta give this guy a shout-out! We went to the zoo, one because it was finally nice out, and two because Jon and I got Hannah a family membership to the zoo for her birthday. The first exhibit in the zoo are the giraffes. You can buy crackers for them, feed them, and pet them. They are super close and really cool. It's one of the things I love about the zoo here in the Springs...the animals are so interactive!
Jon and Hannah, up close and personal with some "skunk monkeys" as Jon calls them.
Us three girls posing for a moment. Notice Hannah is wearing her shades! She really liked them when the sun was shining in her eyes.
Posing for another photo.
Her new favorite thing..."pushing" the cart or stroller. She can do it forever...there was a bar near the bottom of the cart at Hobby Lobby that was the perfect height for her when standing up and she pushed it all over the store like this! It was so funny, yet it's also difficult to hold her when she is trying to push!
Climbing up the stairs...one of her favorite past times!
The same way that the family came, they left...one at a time. My sister was the first and the last to go. She did that on purpose so that she would have some time to hang out with Hannah alone. So, we were helping her pack her stuff since she had a lot of stuff to bring home from our multiple shopping excursions. Hannah came into the room and immediately climbed in to the suitcase! She spent the next 30-45 minutes climbing in and out of the suitcase. It's the little things that are most entertaining sometimes!

2 comments:

Kenlie said...

I like to assume that Hannah is desperate to visit NY thus the reason she was climbing in my suitcase. :) I think it's time to start bugging Jon again. :)

I had so much fun with you guys...xoxo

Joan said...

I think Hannah is saying time to go to grandma's let's go I am ready!!!!!!!!!