Wednesday, March 4, 2009

35 Weeks and Counting

We are definitely on the downward slope here and Jon and I are getting so excited. In reality, it could be as little as a few weeks! We are working to make sure all of Baby Haddy's stuff fits into our little apartment, which is actually quite challenging. We need a bigger place! So we are trying to figure out some things that we can live without until we move, so that we can make room. The china and china cabinet are getting the boot this weekend.
I have also been trying to motivate myself to make some meals for after she comes. I was highly motivated Sunday afternoon. I made some spaghetti sauce to freeze in individual containers for Jon and me, along with some "lasagna sauce," which is basically souped up spaghetti sauce, with the intent of making a few lasagnas in the near future. I also defrosted a ton, and I mean a ton, of chicken for Jon to grill. This was to then go into some enchiladas, chicken spaghetti, and then just some plain grilled chicken for salads, fajitas, or pasta dishes. Let's just say that after breakfast burritos, spaghetti, and cleaning up my messes, I had lost motivation to do anything with chicken. While I felt bad for making Jon grill all of the chicken that I was not going to use right away, I decided to let myself off of the hook. It has been nice to have the chicken because it has made for easy dinners this week, but that was not the plan. The plan was to use it all for later, but oh well. We (and by we, I mean Jon) can always grill some more chicken! I did finally get it all cut up last night and it is sitting in a bowl waiting to be turned into enchiladas. It's a process!
On another note, I went to the doctor on Monday and the appointment was (as usual) uneventful and boring. I have learned that uneventful and boring is a very good thing when it comes to baby appointments. All this means is that there is just not much news to report...heartbeat, normal...measurements, normal...normal, normal, normal. I did hit a milestone this week, as I now get to go once per week. So bring it on, because that means that D-Day (delivery day) is quickly approaching! I saw both of my fellow prego friends while I was at the doctors office. They are both due about three weeks before me. One was finding out that day whether or not she would be induced early and the other found out that she will be induced on Friday. I have to say that I did feel a bit jealous when I thought about it because we are just so ready to meet Hannah ourselves! But, the way I see it is that if they are delivering safely now, that means that it really is only a matter of time, so I can be patient! 36 more days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

36 days doesn't sound like a lot. But I am excited to see my granddaughter too. I love you all see you soon. Love you MOM

AndyandLex said...

Keep bakin' little HannahBean...keep on bakin'! We love you and can't wait to meet you. Give yo' mamma a good swift kick in the belly from time to time as a "hi mom I love you!"

SweetTorts said...

Wow! I can't wait to meet Hannah, and it's going to happen so soon!

I hope you're feeling awesome Sis!