Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hannah Happenings

I did go to the doctor last week, and believe that I have reached a milestone. I'm not totally sure, but I think I am officially in the third trimester! Some say 28 weeks, and some say up to 30, so since I am right in the middle of those weeks, I am going for it. I will be 29 weeks tomorrow and cannot believe how quickly the time has passed. The doctor told me that the last trimester would fly by, but I am not ready for that! It snuck up on us so quickly that we suddenly realized that we have lots of stuff to do! I am ready to hit the breaks a bit on the flying time!

I start visiting the doctor every two weeks instead of once a month and I have to start looking into classes for us to attend. Jon and I decided to go down to Ft. Collins last weekend to purchase a car seat, just in case she decides to grace us with her presence earlier than planned. I mean really we only have 11 weeks until my due date. A lady in my office delivered all three of her kids at 36 weeks, which is only seven weeks away, so Jon and I decided that we better get ready! Along with the car seat purchase, we got a cute "going home" outfit for her and proceeded to actually arrange the furniture in her room. The bed got the boot due to the lack of space in her little room. Jon and I made about 50 trips to the garage with stuff (well maybe not fifty, but that's what it felt like) that we will not be needing until after we move. Our office/guest bedroom really has been transformed over the last few months...so fun!

As far as the doctor goes, she says I am progressing along just fine. I had some questions regarding the intense amount of mucus that I have been having. I don't know where it's coming from, but it just keeps coming. I can't complain too much other than the fact that I am flying through kleenex like crazy. I really don't feel bad or anything. Apparently it is just a normal occurrence for many pregnant women. Also last week, I was up all night feeling incredibly nauseous...like I was going to spew at any minute. Jon had a theory that I was so sick that night because Hannah was moving around like crazy and apparently for most of the night. She was keeping him up even! I asked the doctor about it and her response to me was, "do you get motion sick?" I don't really get car sick, per se, but I do get motion sick...sitting too close to the screen at the theater, boat with big waves, and occasionally circling mountain roads. That was why I was nauseous. Her moving around was making me motion sick! Good theory Jon! Totally normal for some women during pregnancy. I've also been having a hip issue...again, totally normal for some prego people!

So aside from the "normal" ailments, everything is going just fine. They did the tests for gestational diabetes at my last appointment too. They said they would call if there were problems, but would just talk with me about it at my next appointment if not. Being that it's been a week and I haven't heard a peep, I am assuming that went fine too.

The next big thing on my agenda to get myself ready for D-day is to begin training another lady in my office to do my job. We have started doing a few things here and there, but it's go time now. Depending on Jon's start date with his job and such, I am not totally sure that I will be coming back after Hannah's born, so I have to really train this lady well so that she can train my replacement. While I don't look forward to this too much, it does help to make it all sink in!

So I guess we have nothing else to do but begin the countdown! 11 more weeks!

3 comments:

jimmy, marisa, jadeyn and brynlee said...

11 more weeks?? are you kidding me? that means i have like 13 more weeks! wow. i can't wait to see you at your shower!

Jon and Steph said...

I know! Hard to believe huh??? I can't wait to see you, my fellow prego!

Lindy said...

Awww...yay! It doesn't even seem like it's been that long. How exciting :)