I was just looking at weather.com this morning and found that it's supposed to snow for the next three days. This is always a bittersweet time of year. I love that it's cold and "feels" like Christmas...I even love the snow. However, at the same time, I am beginning to see the reality that winter is here. It is dark by 4:30 and we've already had snow on the ground for three or four days now with more on the way. I was just wondering as I was walking into work this morning if the snow will melt or was last week the last time that we will see the grass? Once it starts snowing here, snow piles up and you really don't see grass or any vegetation other than pine trees until Spring. While it is WAY better than being hot, the winter can still be long. Really it's this late fall time that's the worst because you get some really cold snaps and it's usually windy. For the most part I really enjoy winter and it's activities, I just think the reality of it's arrival is just setting in. The combination of extra snow falling and the time change (I know, I know it was over a month ago, but it's tough to get used to!) is great for lazy days and catnapping, but not so good when you have to work and get things accomplished! Oh well...hopefully I will get adjusted soon!This is a place to put my thoughts down into words, and hopefully share our lives with family and friends in the process.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Gloomy Weather
I was just looking at weather.com this morning and found that it's supposed to snow for the next three days. This is always a bittersweet time of year. I love that it's cold and "feels" like Christmas...I even love the snow. However, at the same time, I am beginning to see the reality that winter is here. It is dark by 4:30 and we've already had snow on the ground for three or four days now with more on the way. I was just wondering as I was walking into work this morning if the snow will melt or was last week the last time that we will see the grass? Once it starts snowing here, snow piles up and you really don't see grass or any vegetation other than pine trees until Spring. While it is WAY better than being hot, the winter can still be long. Really it's this late fall time that's the worst because you get some really cold snaps and it's usually windy. For the most part I really enjoy winter and it's activities, I just think the reality of it's arrival is just setting in. The combination of extra snow falling and the time change (I know, I know it was over a month ago, but it's tough to get used to!) is great for lazy days and catnapping, but not so good when you have to work and get things accomplished! Oh well...hopefully I will get adjusted soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment