We had a great weekend. Friday night we got to hang out with Jon's mom, Cindy and the girls. They stayed in town, while on their way to the Denver airport. We ate at probably our favorite restaurant in town. We definitely think it's the best restaurant in town, but then again we might be a little bias. Anyway, Cindy and Mike love the restaurant too because of the memories from their college days in Laramie. It's where Cindy's parents took them for special occasions back in the 80's and so Jon and I, of course, love it when they suggest dinner there! So that was great...the girls were a ton of fun. They were giggly and borderline obnoxious, but I loved it, because they weren't too cool for us. Being 14 and 12, they often think that they are too cool for us "old people" so it's always a treat when they relax and have fun.
We ate breakfast with them the next morning and then they were off! Jon and I did a whole lot of nothing, especially since it was stinking hot (we don't have a/c here) in the house. All motivation to do anything left! It was actually quite nice, and I believe needed. Sunday we went to church, and it was a great service. They just hired a new pastor, but he and his family are in the process of getting moved, so one of the elders (I think) shared. It was a great lesson, which I will probably share more of later.
One our way home, Jon and I started talking about some things in our apartment that are driving us nuts. Little "projects" that we would like to do and furniture that we would like to move. So, rather than just plan this time, we ate some lunch and got started. What started out as a plan to move the desk in our guest bedroom to the garage, ended up being a total revamp of both our bedroom, the guest bedroom, and our two spare closets! We threw away about two bags of junk that we had been keeping, but either never used or that didn't work. For instance, we had five cell phones, mostly of which were for companies that don't even exist anymore, a good pile of "junk" shirts from Jon's closet, and old snow boots that not been worn since Oklahoma. It felt great to get rid of all that junk and I look forward to seeing the trash can overflowing on trash day tomorrow!
Before we knew it, it was almost 6:00 and we were starving. Over dinner we decided that it was definitely worth all the work, and as a bonus, we both slept great last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment