This one's a little out of order because I forgot about it when I was doing stuff for Hannah's birthday! Hannah and I had a great time doing Easter stuff this year. We didn't make Easter cookies, although I would have liked to...we just ran out of time because I had a lot of school work to do before everyone came for Hannah's birthday. We took the time to make dye some Easter eggs after church on Saturday night. Hannah usually goes to the nursery, but we decided to let her come to "big church" with us since it was Easter. She was a big fan of the music, although she covered her ears at first and said, "it's too loud!" She entertained herself with snacks and coloring books and was perfectly behaved the whole time!
Once we got home, we quickly got to dying eggs. Hannah thought that dying eggs was the best thing since sliced bread! She was is very busy and swears that she can do EVERYTHING by herself and her own way, so it was no surprise that she took over in the egg dying!
These are the finished products. We had glitter and dye pens and multiple packets of dye...no stickers, although I was a little disappointed once I saw how into it she was!
Her hands did NOT wash clean right away, but they faded pretty quickly!
As you can see from her cups, she kind of started to monopolize the egg dying...I only got to do 3 or 4, but that's alright because like I said, she had so much fun doing it AND bossing me around!
Post pictures!
I had originally planned to use the dyed eggs for deviled eggs for the next day's dinner, but I ended up having to make more because Hannah ate a bunch of the boiled eggs. Until this time, I thought that Hannah did not like eggs. She will spit out scrambled eggs, won't have anything to do with a poached or fried egg, and cringes at the mention of having eggs. Not this time! Apparently she really enjoys hard boiled eggs...I also thought that it might be a flook, but she scarfed down the boiled egg from my salad last night too! So I guess she legitimately likes them...now she can get a little protein with her breakfast!
Hannah got some sweet butterfly glasses in her Easter basket!
Gotta love holidays...mostly Easter and Christmas because they are the only days where candy is consumed before breakfast!
We shared Easter dinner with our next door neighbors Johnny and Katy! We had ham, which Hannah loved, potatoes, and lots of fresh spring-like dishes! This is one of my favorite pictures that Hannah and I have taken in a while...the glasses were a big hit at Easter dinner too!









No comments:
Post a Comment