Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Burgess Wedding & Flathead Fun

Man, this was a GREAT vacation! We loved Flathead Lake, although it took us forever to get there and back. We spent a lot of time on the road, but it was absolutely worth it. Plus we got to see some family and friends along the way anyway!


I thought I had more pictures from Laramie, but I can't find them. We decided to head out the afternoon before we had originally planned to leave, so we called up a friend in Laramie to see if we could sleep at their house. We stayed, ate Mexican food as is our tradition, and left on a great note called The Chuckwagon. Jon and I used to be regulars there and they really make the best biscuits and gravy ever. This is Hannah chowing down at The Chuckwagon!
We stayed the next night in Bozeman, Montana after driving for about twelve hours straight! The highlight of Bozeman for us was the swimming pool at the hotel. It was just what the doctor ordered after too much time in the car! Can you tell??

Hannah felt so brave and independent with her arm floaties. She thoroughly enjoyed swimming all by herself and I am certain that she is going to be a great swimmer some day!


This action shot seriously cracked me up! I am really impressed that all of my photos came out since I was just using the camera on my phone. Some are a little blurry, but I think they really captured the fun that was had.


The next morning Hannah insisted on drinking her coffee (aka orange juice in a coffee cup)...apparently she needed the real thing because she looks awfully sleepy!


Once we finally arrived, we were so relieved to not be in the car for a few days. We ended up staying at a bed and breakfast that was less than a half mile from the site of the wedding. It was great because the owner had a daughter who is 17, so they were actually able to find us a baby sitter for the actual wedding. It was great!


Before the wedding we spent a lot of time at the lake and in the sun. We had a private dock at the bed and breakfast, hung out with friends, and even rented a jet ski for a couple of hours. This is us on the jet ski somewhere in the middle of the lake.


Hannah liked to "help" us drive the jet ski and actually figured out how to push the throttle to make us go faster. She really liked being on the water AND driving the jet ski! She was not happy about having to leave in this one!


Adorable right? The lake was ridiculously cold near our dock and Jon looks too happy considering how cold we were. I am pretty sure this was before he dragged Hannah into the water...she screamed, "No Daddy, no! I cold! Want out!" Poor kid wouldn't let Jon get within arms reach the rest of the time, although I can't say that I would blame her...it was freaking cold!


Big, gigantic, puffy heart this one! Pretty sure I am going to have to get this one framed...it's one of my favorite pictures of our family right now.


Can you tell that we were all loving the lake?? I miss the lake! We used to go when I was growing up and this trip just reminded me of how much I miss it. We may have to work a little lake time into each of our summers now...my appetite for the lake is wet!


Hannah might not look excited, but that's because this is her focused face. She was really trying to get the thing to move, although she didn't realize that we had already shut the engine off!


These are pictures of the wedding that I stole from one of the guys at the wedding. Matt and Caitlin were so stinking cute, huh?





The "recessional"--back down the dock, onto the boat, and driving away. I loved it!





All the Farmington people! It's a mostly good lookin' bunch!


So glad Shaffer got a picture of Jon and me because the ones we took after the wedding didn't turn out! This one's pretty good though!




Ambiance of the night wedding. It was beautiful, right on the lake framed by moutains, and completely lovely!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the family photo, the one of you and Jon at the wedding, and your hair is totally awesome short like that!!! Miss you!

Hannah's Auntie said...

I don't know where to start..I mean, I can't really decide which picture is my favorite. There are four from this set of pics - the family one that you puffy heart too, the one of you and Jon at the wedding (love your dress..it looks great!) and the ones on the jetski...and Hannah splashing around in the pool..Okay, that's five really, but I just love them all...Great set of photos!

mom said...

beautiful pictures I really like the one of you and Jon and Hannah; the one that you said you might have to frame. It is so cute and a nice family picture. And the black and white one of you and Jon is nice too. Love them all. Love you MOM

Mom said...

beautiful pictures I really like the one of you and Jon and Hannah; the one that you said you might have to frame. It is so cute and a nice family picture. And the black and white one of you and Jon is nice too. Love them all. Love you MOM

AndyandLex said...

Hi Lady H. I can't wait to meet you. You're getting older and older and I can't believe I haven't gotten to squeze you. Sniff. Your Mummy is one of my oldest and dearest friends. Thus you, by default, hold a very important place in my heart. So, please tell your Mum to call me so we can plan a play date with your to-be friends LallieBeth & Elin. Love, Lex XOXO